Gophers likely NIT bound

Josh,

You are exactly right. That Indiana loss sets us back, as we now need to accomplish much tougher wins on the road. I appreciate the support.

I don't support you. It seems you are trying to drum up undue controversy on this board, obviously sparked by a motive that has yet to be uncovered.

However, your projection was very fair and real, and it should be noted as such by even the most diehard Tubby supporter that this year might be a step back, even with the top 7 scorers returning from a year ago. Alarming.

I'm a huge Tubby fan as well and would love to see the Gophers win the title, but with this team, in this season, it probably won't happen, unless they find another gear.

Sorry to assume your support, Please don't take any offense!

Today Myron Metcalf more or less agreed with my prognostication on KFAN with Paul Allen. If the Gophers don't win the next 2 of 3 (as I projected) their hopes of going to the NCCA tourney are gone unless they win the Big 10 tourney which is unlikely.

Remember the 'good old days' when we were all perplexed as to how there would be enough playing time for a team that had 13 possible starters?

Times Have Changed, That is for sure....
How long have you been following our team, just out of curiosity? It seems like you appeared last week, and don't seem to know a lot about the program?

I'm not being adversarial, just wondering?

Here is the remaining Gophers Schedule with projected outcome
Current record: (12-5, 3-2 Big Ten)

Sun, Jan 17 @ Indiana (Gopher Win)
Sat, Jan 23 Michigan State (Gopher Loss)
Tue, Jan 26 Northwestern (Gopher Win)
Sun, Jan 31 @ Ohio State (Gopher Loss)
Sat, Feb 06 @ Penn State (Gopher Win)
Thu, Feb 11 Michigan (Gopher Win)
Sun, Feb 14 @ Northwestern (Gopher Loss)
Thu, Feb 18 Wisconsin (Gopher Loss)
Sun, Feb 21 Indiana (Gopher Win)
Wed, Feb 24 Purdue (Gopher Loss)
Sun, Feb 28 @ Illinois (Gopher Loss)
Thu, Mar 04 @ Michigan (Gopher Win)
Sun, Mar 07 Iowa (Gopher Win)
Big 10 Tournament

Gophers Final record (19-11) = NIT Birth (likely 22 wins needed to make NCAA)
- Key games: We will have to win at least 4 of these games without losing any unexpected games to get to 22 wins:
- Wi at Home, Purdue at Home, OSU away, Northwestern at home, Ill away, Michigan away

I don't like our chances. The Big ten tourney could help if we win 1-2 but it will be tough.

I'm telling ya, GH has developed some of the dumbest Internet posters I've ever seen this year.

FOT

I'm telling ya, GH has developed some of the dumbest Internet posters I've ever seen this year.

FOT, you are correct. Among other things, the sudden influx of folks who just dont think we will get an NCAA "birth" is astounding.

:D

How long have you been following our team, just out of curiosity? It seems like you appeared last week, and don't seem to know a lot about the program?

I'm not being adversarial, just wondering?

Your question is appreciated.

We might disagree, but does that mean I don't know allot about the program?

Give me examples that I don't know what I am talking about?

I am new to this site but I have been a Gopher Fan since the days of Michael Thompson, Jim Dutcher, Randy Brewer, Trent Tucker, Tommy Davis, Zebudie Howell, etc.

Section 201,

What in the world makes you think we will get a place in the NCCA tournament? The best Gopher experts have already concluded we don't have a chance at the big dance unless we win the next 2 of 3 which is unlikely.

layup

Section 201,

What in the world makes you think we will get a place in the NCCA tournament? The best Gopher experts have already concluded we don't have a chance at the big dance unless we win the next 2 of 3 which is unlikely.

layup, either opinion that we will or will not get an NCAA "berth" is just that, an opinion. At this time I find our path to that "berth" to be unlikely. I was giving you grief regarding your use of "birth", not your NIT/NCAA opinion.

:)

Top Bottom