Gophers into top 10??

JSjobes24

Reaction score
With #3 Syracuse, #7 Ohio State, #8 Florida, and #10 Illinois all going down the gophers should move into the top 10 here this week. The last time the gophers were in the top 10 had to be back with Clem I'm guessing... Exciting stuff..Here is to a successful Big Ten season.

With #3 Syracuse, #7 Ohio State, #8 Florida, and #10 Illinois all going down the gophers should move into the top 10 here this week. The last time the gophers were in the top 10 had to be back with Clem I'm guessing... Exciting stuff..Here is to a successful Big Ten season.

I dont think Syracuse or OSU falls that far. Illinois might fall below MN, but I would guess 11 or 12 next week. If MN had beaten a team not in the 300's or whatever in the RPI I would think they would have more juice...

I dont think Syracuse or OSU falls that far. Illinois might fall below MN, but I would guess 11 or 12 next week. If MN had beaten a team not in the 300's or whatever in the RPI I would think they would have more juice...

I think we definitely jump Illinois, can't see them only falling 2 places. Syracuse almost definitely won't fall that far and I doubt OSU will either. I'd say we'll be at 11 with a good shot at the top ten if we beat Michigan State and Northwestern.

We will probably jump Florida, OSU and Ilinois and reach 10th, but I honestly don't think its warranted...We deserve about 18th IMO. We're just not sharp enough on offense and too reliant on the offensive rebounding.

We will probably jump Florida, OSU and Ilinois and reach 10th, but I honestly don't think its warranted...We deserve about 18th IMO. We're just not sharp enough on offense and too reliant on the offensive rebounding.

The rankings at this point of the season are more a measure of who has gained some hype and avoided losing games than a measure of who is deserving. At this point very few teams have played enough good teams to get an accurate gauge on how good they are yet.

A good shot we jump everyone that lost imo, even Syracuse.

The Orange lost a de facto home game (at least their fanbase would say so) in MSG to a Temple team that had just gotten beaten by Canisius by double digits.

Ohio State will fall the least, losing to Kansas in Columbus was probably the "best" loss of the day.

We'll be #9 for Christmas if I had to guess.

Have you watched the other top ranked teams play? If you had/have, you'd see that there isn't a team in the country without it's flaws. It's normal to have things that need improvement in the college game. The Gophers have shown far more positives than negatives thus far, and have shown that they have enough depth/athleticism to compete vs any opponent at any time. If that's not reason for optimism then you're going to be disappointed forever with this team.

I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I'll put it here. Ruesse just tweeted his Big 10 Power Rankings.

1. Michigan
2. Indiana
3. Minnesota
4. Iowa
5. OSU
6. MSU
7. Illinois
8. Wisconsin
9. Purdue
10. Nebraska
11. NW
12. Penn State

They seem a little whacky but at this point in the season. Fairly accurate. I'd still have Illinois, MSU, and OSU above Iowa right now, however.

Top Bottom