Gophers In The Pros

IMGopher

Reaction score
Thought we could use a general thread for tracking how gophers are doing in the pros… my question that brought this up, does Walker look a bit lost on every shift or am I just not used to the style of pro hockey (I only watch college)?

I didn't watch tonight's game, but in previous games I have thought he looks like he fits really well with Boldy and Freddy. His speed is still above average, he is controlling the puck and driving play, and seems to be playing quite confident.

You take a look at the list of Gopher D-men dating back to Jordan Leopold with Calgary and now with guys like Justin Holl and Brady Skjei. Also what are the chances Blake Wheeler finishes his career in Winnipeg?

I pulled the top 50 cap hits (for next season) for former college players. Michigan and the Boston schools are dominating in pumping out high impact/big money NHL players. When the Michigan kids from last year get past their entry level deals they'll probably jump BC. Not included in these counts would be big money UFA/RFAs like Larkin, Zegras, Terry, Caufield, K'Andre Miller, etc.

The three biggest Gophers' contracts end in 2024 (Wheeler and Skjei) and 2025 (Schmidt).

By school:
BC
9​
UM
7​
BU
6​
UND
4​
ND
4​
MIAMI
3​
UMN
3​
UMD
2​
MSU
2​
CC
2​

Gostisbehere to Carolina to join Skjei for the playoff run. May not want to talk to him at first after what he did to the Gophers in 2014.

Walker getting minutes today, I still have the feeling that he seems lost on every shift.

NHLers will play in the Olympics and there will also be a 4 nations tournament in 2025. Faber looking like the most likely Gopher to make those teams.

Potential 2025 USA Roster:
Goaltenders:
Hellebucyk (UMass Lowell)
Demko (BC)
Swayman (Maine)
Note: Oettinger (BU) next in line

Defense:
Quinn Hughes (UM)-Charlie McAvoy (BU)
Zach Werenski (UM)-Adam Fox (Harvard)
John Carlson-Jaccob Slavin (CC)
Noah Hanifin (BC)-Brock Faber (UMN)
Note: Sanderson (UND) or L. Hughes (UM) could replace Hanifin/Faber

Forwards:
Matthew Tkachuk-Auston Matthews-Patrick Kane
Kyle Connor (UM)-J.T. Miller-Brock Boeser (UND)
Brady Tkachuk (BU)-Jack Eichel (BU)-Jack Hughes
Jason Robertson-Dylan Larkin (UM)-Alex DeBrincat
Tage Thompson (UConn)-Clayton Keller (BU)

Top Bottom