Gophers in the portal

He was never committed.. he had a crystal ball... Unless someone can link a commitment

Damn! Did some research and you are NOT wrong about her.

However, it looks like she graduates this spring, so guessing that won't hold him back from leaving MN
I think she is a Houston girl. I thought she moved here with him.

There are hundreds of uncommitted FBS players in the portal right now. This looks like the world's biggest game of musical chairs. And there may be 5 times as many people playing as there are chairs.

It's good to see that eleven out of fifteen Gopher transferees found a home. Ky Thomas shouldn't have a problem finding a landing spot. He will put the Gophers at an 80 % success rate.

Who are left are Ty Barron (PWO?), Saia Mapakaitolo, and Dylan McGill. We hope that they all find a landing spot.

Dylan McGill announces commitment to the Pittsburg State Gorillas.

Kind of an odd statement in how it is worded. Feels to me like they wanted him to play a position that he didn't want to play here.
Hmm, yeah tough to say. Wildcat maybe? Could see them not wanting to risk injury to Kramer maybe.

Hmm, yeah tough to say. Wildcat maybe? Could see them not wanting to risk injury to Kramer maybe.
Was thinking more along the lines of them wanting him to play D or something like that and him being set on being a WR.

Kind of an odd statement in how it is worded. Feels to me like they wanted him to play a position that he didn't want to play here.
I took it to mean he was working to be a starter/contributer and a told it ain't looking good. But who knows. Impossible to say for sure. Either way, good luck to him.

The fuck kind of championship is he gonna win at Pitt State?

At last count(according to officials) 1458 football players have registered for the portal. I can guarantee that some will not earn a scholarship for 2022. Sad

At last count(according to officials) 1458 football players have registered for the portal. I can guarantee that some will not earn a scholarship for 2022. Sad
I'd imagine a lot of them won't and then they'll have to settle at D2/D3. Unless your scholarship is getting pulled guys need to start to learn unless you're a star player like Williams/Rattler just stay put, almost all of the 1458 guys have no future making money with football

And? Every single one of them voluntarily entered the portal.

There are hundreds of uncommitted FBS players in the portal right now. This looks like the world's biggest game of musical chairs. And there may be 5 times as many people playing as there are chairs.
What percentage of these players have the ability to walk on somewhere?

What percentage of these players have the ability to walk on somewhere?
It's hard to say but part of this is just that we are now lumping in portal guys with natural attrition. It seems like the guys who leave due to what would have been natural attrition still enter the portal before they leave. It's gotten more dramatic because of the portal, COVID, and the reinstitution of the 85 limit. But prior to all of this, about 5-8 guys every year would wash out. They'd either transfer some where (and you'd never really hear of them again), drop out of school, just focus on schooling, etc. Those guys are now being counted in a lot of these metrics in the same way a Ky Thomas would be.

The fuck kind of championship is he gonna win at Pitt State?
They used to be a powerhouse team in DII in the MIAA conference. Still have the highest conf winning percentage, but seems to be dominated these days by NW Missouri St which has the conf's last natty in 2016.

Top Bottom