Gophers in the portal

At least she didn’t name him PompAss

True. That would be unfortunate. Pomposa - magnificent name. Maybe for a Ferrari. I’d probably be the artist formerly known as - if I were able; my ribbing of our community has gone over like a lead balloon…

I mean I'm not panicking, but are we fine? I'd say we're ok if CAB is back, but DJ and MBS, while they have flashed some talent, aren't real proven commodities right now, and we don't know what we have behind them. I had high hopes for Boyd, but oh well best of luck to him. I know we've recruited some talented kids like Brockington, but I can't say with confidence that we are fine until someone shows that they are ready to make a big leap. Even CAB isn't an ideal #1 IMO.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot about Wright, who has huge upside, but hasn't shown that he's a consistent threat, yet.
We are hoping the WRs behind the starters are late bloomers and will step up to the plate.

I don’t even know what you are talking about. Apparently you think calling a scholarship a waste means I’m devaluing human worth. Call it what you want, giving a scholarship to a guy that is here for a year and has little impact then leaves is not going to help this team win. I don’t know why that devalues Boyd in any way.

Ewers left OSU for play time, and possibly according to some he only left Texas to cash in on NIL as Texas had some rule against it. You think Ewers couldn’t tell a middling program like TT to take his buddy if he commits? Who wouldn’t take Boyd if it meant you also get Ewers?
He started against The Ohio State. He played in nine games. If you think he had little impact, what about the half dozen older receivers on the roster who never saw the field?

Boyd got a scholarship for one year and he was on the field, contributed and had an impact. It was limited only in the way the passing game was limited by Sanford.

He didn't get a chance to do much as a receiver but assume he was on a few special teams units. Reminds me some of Logan Payne's first year back in 2003. He was hardly used and didn't really become a weapon until his Junior and Senior years. He would have been great to have had around in 2007 but of course was out of eligibility.

Difference there though is that he stayed his whole career so burning that first year was unfortunate. In this case it doesn't really matter since Boyd is leaving anyway.
Big difference is Logan Payne didn't have a free transfer.

Nah I’m good. I stand by what I said. How is it any different than talking about the wolves wasting draft picks?
That's misjudging talent. Minnesota did not misjudge Boyd's talent.

no, this is nothing like using a racial slur.
His pretense of a counter-reaction, is as silly as if someone tried to do the same thing for a coach using a racial slur. Pretending why you can't understand why people would be upset by the comments, etc.

He started against The Ohio State. He played in nine games. If you think he had little impact, what about the half dozen older receivers on the roster who never saw the field?

Boyd got a scholarship for one year and he was on the field, contributed and had an impact. It was limited only in the way the passing game was limited by Sanford.
They have had little impact thus far too, and perhaps some of their scholarships could have been better spent elsewhere as well. Time will tell. We already know Boyd’s would’ve been better spent elsewhere since we literally have to spend it else where now.

They have had little impact thus far too, and perhaps some of their scholarships could have been better spent elsewhere as well. Time will tell. We already know Boyd’s would’ve been better spent elsewhere since we literally have to spend it else where now.
So in other words 40 or so scholarships on the current team are wasted. How about over the past decade? 400? 500? Seems like a poor way to run a railroad.

So in other words 40 or so scholarships on the current team are wasted. How about over the past decade? 400? 500? Seems like a poor way to run a railroad.
It is was it is. I don’t think the number is quite that high though.

Quinn Ewers just settled on Texas (over Texas Tech and TCU). Should know soon if Brady Boyd was following Ewers ... or if he just wanted a fresh start for himself.
Also possible he wanted to follow Ewers, but doesn’t end up at Texas.

I thought a male Karen was a "Chad"?
I think that's an incel thing ...
No, a "Chad" is like a good looking bro/frat boy type.

Chad as slang for men originated from the Lincoln Park Trixie Society in the 90s, a satirical social club based on Chicago's Lincoln Park

Chad has swept across the internet in a variety of other sub-cultures (bodybuilding, incel, pickup artists, etc), and Stacy is the female in those groups. The original reference is about dudes from my neighborhood, and Trixie is the female counterpart.

Also possible he wanted to follow Ewers, but doesn’t end up at Texas.
Right. Boyd might not get a Texas offer, though a nudge from Ewers could help Sarkasian make the call. Boyd will be a desirable transfer. Curious where he ends up. Maybe PJ can talk him back to the Gophers …

Right. Boyd might not get a Texas offer, though a nudge from Ewers could help Sarkasian make the call. Boyd will be a desirable transfer. Curious where he ends up. Maybe PJ can talk him back to the Gophers …
Or, and hear me out, the Ewers-Boyd connection is not that strong and all of this is Gopherhole fan-fiction.

I would love Boyd to come back, but only if he really wants to be here.
If he wants to go somewhere that throws the ball more, maybe that is that.

Maybe he sold himself on the idea that PJ was a wideout in the League and this would be a great place to come learn how to be a league level wideout?

Wild guessing

Top Bottom