Gophers in the Polls

I forecasted this as a possibly when the Billingsley Report was questioned. We are about 35. It will take a win over Indiana to maybe reach 25.

I forecasted this as a possibly when the Billingsley Report was questioned. We are about 35. It will take a win over Indiana to maybe reach 25.

Do you think a win over IU really jumps us up 10 spots? I would guess we'd need wins over IU and PSU to get that high.

Do you think a win over IU really jumps us up 10 spots? I would guess we'd need wins over IU and PSU to get that high.
Seeing as Indiana is under .500 and wouldn't be seen as a quality win, we likely wouldn't jump 10 spots. But who cares. We're as good as we are and I'd just love to win the game. Rankings take care of themselves. Being in the top 25 at the end of the year is what we should hope for.

Seeing as Indiana is .500 and wouldn't be seen as a quality win, we likely wouldn't jump 10 spots. But who cares. We're as good as we are and I'd just love to win the game. Rankings take care of themselves. Being in the top 25 at the end of the year is what we should hope for.

I was just curious. I don't have as strong of knowledge of how the polls in football work compared to basketball. Mostly because I haven't had to.

Would love for our program to some how make it into the top 25, but wouldn't it be curious if there sat Kill's last and present teams at the same time?

My opinion is simple. We are improving. Beat two good teams in the big ten this year and chances to beat more. We made a bowl game for the second year in a row. We have a very respectable coaching staff. We are lucky to have them in my opinion.

Everything is good.

After Michigan State bludgeons Michigan this week -- something in the neighborhood of 27-10 -- I'd expect Sparty to shoot up in the polls quite a bit, maybe around 15-16 in the BCS.

After Michigan State bludgeons Michigan this week -- something in the neighborhood of 27-10 -- I'd expect Sparty to shoot up in the polls quite a bit, maybe around 15-16 in the BCS.

Did you mean to put this on the MSU board?

Got me thinking. When is the last time we were ranked?

Got me thinking. When is the last time we were ranked?

I remember we were ranked briefly during the 2008 season under Brewster. According to Wikipedia we were #25 after the win at Illinois, then we made it to #20 after a road win against Purdue, then we lost at home to Northwestern after some ridiculous pick 6 in the closing minutes/seconds of regulation that we had no business giving up. I remember thinking we had a million chances to tackle the guy before he hit the endzone and we just didn't. We would have had only to beat three unranked conference opponents, including the worst Michigan team in recent memory, a meh Wisconsin team and a good but not great Iowa team, two of them at home, to tie for the Big Ten title, if we had only won that game.

I remember we were ranked briefly during the 2008 season under Brewster. According to Wikipedia we were #25 after the win at Illinois, then we made it to #20 after a road win against Purdue, then we lost at home to Northwestern after some ridiculous pick 6 in the closing minutes/seconds of regulation that we had no business giving up. I remember thinking we had a million chances to tackle the guy before he hit the endzone and we just didn't. We would have had only to beat three unranked conference opponents, including the worst Michigan team in recent memory, a meh Wisconsin team and a good but not great Iowa team, two of them at home, to tie for the Big Ten title, if we had only won that game.

We were ranked against Northwestern at I wanna say it was #17... awfully overrated seeing as the rest of the season played out but I think we were ranked when we played Michigan too...

I remember being at this game. It was homecoming week. I still remember the pick 6. :( Sad day to be a gopher fan.

Top Bottom