Gophers in for a tough nite vs Syracuse's potent offense

I fully agree, this could be a tough tough game for us, more so than most are giving credit for. Don't be surprised to see some big plays by 'cuse. I just hope the soft 3-0 start doesn't fog the Gophers minds and they come out ready for a dogfight.

WR Jeremiah Kobena underwent surgery for what the University called an "upper body injury." Kobena will likely miss several weeks. WR Kyle is sidelined for the season with a "lower body injury." A "lower body injury" will keep DT Ryan Sloan out for the year. FB Myles Davis had surgery for at the end of August for a "lower body injury" and will miss the season.

Gosh, they really get specific.

Tomorrow Syracuse will playing their first away game of the year. Their away record was 1-4 in 2011, where they barely scraped by a terrible 2-11 Tulane. True, it's a new year, and their passing offense has put up good home stats. But they are 1-2 and that one victory was less than convincing. If the Gophers pass defense holds stout, I'm fairly confident we'll win. Then again, we have a sophomore QB starting his 2nd game. So who knows ha ha. I feel like we could win by 2 TDs just as easily as we could lose by 2 TDs. Regardless, I think it will be a good gauge for the rest of the season. Go Gophers!

Syracuse 2011
Thu, Sep 1 Wake Forest W 36-29
Sat, Sep 10 Rhode Island W 21-14
Sat, Sep 17 at USC L 17-38
Sat, Sep 24 Toledo W 33-30
Sat, Oct 1 Rutgers L 16-19
Sat, Oct 8 at Tulane W 37-34
Fri, Oct 21 (11) West Virginia W 49-23
Sat, Oct 29 at Louisville L 10-27
Sat, Nov 5 at Connecticut L 21-28
Fri, Nov 11 South Florida L 17-37
Sat, Nov 26 Cincinnati L 13-30
Sat, Dec 3 at Pittsburgh L 20-33

Syracuse 2012
Sat, Sep 1 Northwestern L 41-42
Sat, Sep 8 (2) USC L 29-42
Sat, Sep 15 Stony Brook W 28-17

A lot of people are discounting the fact that Syracuse really hasn't figured out how to win a tight hard fought game. If the game is within 7 points at the start of the 4th quarter we will win.

A lot of people are discounting the fact that Syracuse really hasn't figured out how to win a tight hard fought game. If the game is within 7 points at the start of the 4th quarter we will win.

Very well said.............plus

1st away game
1st game with cool temps
Change in time zone
Waiting around for a 7 pm kickoff
Stadium full
Importance of Gophs being 4-0 by night's end
Etc.

I like our chances.

Wow they were on a 7 game skid until they beat Stony Brook - who is Stony Brook?

I really like the way our secondary has been playing and so I am glad we are playing another pass heavy team. However, Western Michigan was able to run on us and if Syracuse can run on us too, it could be a long night.

I like our chances but we have to win in the trenches.

Top Bottom