Gophers/Huskers Line: Minnesota –7.5 vs. Nebraska (Thursday, Aug. 31) & Other BT Opening Week Lines

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Draft Kings:

Week 1​

• Minnesota –7.5 vs. Nebraska (Thursday, Aug. 31)
  • Michigan State –14.5 vs. Central Michigan
  • Michigan –36.5 vs. East Carolina
  • Purdue –6.5 vs. Fresno State
  • Ohio State –28 at Indiana (Lucas Oil Stadium)
  • Wisconsin –22.5 vs. Buffalo
  • Illinois –8.5 vs. Toledo
  • Iowa –20.5 vs. Utah State
  • Penn State –18.5 vs. West Virginia

Go Gophers!!

I love Utah State (+20.5) @ Iowa

Utah State is usually a solid program and Iowa typically has troubles scoring points early in the season.

We are at home, we won 5 more games than Nebraska last year, and they are in year 0, this feels about right.

It will be an interesting game, NE with a new coaching staff and a lot of new players.
MN with the same staff but with a new QB, RB and rebuilt OL, and some questions on defense.

Some probably feel this is a trap game for Gophs. I think Fleck & Co will have the team ready to roll, with an offensive trick or two in the gameplan. Gophs win by a touchdown, but comfortably control the game.

Some probably feel this is a trap game for Gophs. I think Fleck & Co will have the team ready to roll, with an offensive trick or two in the gameplan. Gophs win by a touchdown, but comfortably control the game.
How would this be a trap game in any way? We aren't going to be overlooking them for Eastern Michigan. I would think Fleck would have the teams full attention getting ready to play the Huskers in week 1.

How would this be a trap game in any way? We aren't going to be overlooking them for Eastern Michigan. I would think Fleck would have the teams full attention getting ready to play the Huskers in week 1.
I don't see it that way, but some out here probably do...new coach, different offensive philosophy, roster in transition, season and home opener, etc.

If this line holds I will be jumping all over the Gophers to cover at home unless they have a ton of preseason injuries.

Nebraska will be tougher and better. But I think they'll try to outmuscle the Gophers and that isn't a good idea.

Nebraska has a new, seasoned QB—huge guy; multi-year starter at Georgia Tech. Might be utilized differently at Nebraska. He seized the starting role and chased off Casey Thompson and Logan Smothers. I think we win, but D might have to make some in-game adjustments, as this will be a very different Nebraska team … with no Martinez to give the game away in the 4Q.

Give me Minnesota, Michigan, OSU, and Illinois to cover. I like Fresno to cover Purdue but probably wouldn't bet u. That OSU line specifically looks way off. I'll be shocked if they don't win by 35.

Nebraska has a new, seasoned QB—huge guy; multi-year starter at Georgia Tech. Might be utilized differently at Nebraska. He seized the starting role and chased off Casey Thompson and Logan Smothers. I think we win, but D might have to make some in-game adjustments, as this will be a very different Nebraska team … with no Martinez to give the game away in the 4Q.
Sims has been pretty comparable to Martinez actually. Very promising freshman with flashes of brilliance, but has lacked consistency and has battled injuries. People were saying similar things about Nebraska getting much better when Thompson transferred in as well.

Sims has been pretty comparable to Martinez actually. Very promising freshman with flashes of brilliance, but has lacked consistency and has battled injuries. People were saying similar things about Nebraska getting much better when Thompson transferred in as well.
It sounded like Sims wasn't going to be the starter at GT if he had stayed this coming season according to the GT Swarm fan board.

A QB who was going to get demoted by his former team shouldn't be cause for too much concern if he ends up being the starter for NE.

Got a feeling that it’ll be a closer game than we like

If the line stays by game day, I’d take the NEB +7.5

Georgia tech 8-17 in games where sims plays

Matt Rhule 2-10 at temple in year 1 (temple 13-11 the two years preceding him)
Matt Rhule 1-11 at Baylor in year 1 (Baylor 17-9 in the two years preceding him)

I think Matt Rhule will be solid and turn Nebraska into a program that wins 7+ consistently. But im
Not afraid of Frosts roster with Georgia techs QB with Matt Rhule in year 1

Could very well lose the game. But it would be deeply disappointing

Top Bottom