Gophers have worn 27 different helmets in 38 games in Fleck era

What do they do with them afterward? Do they just paint / layer over the next one?

They didn't do the eqipment sale last year.... I was kinda hoping to get a helmet but I'm not sure how likely that is.

I’ve been buying replica helmets for my man cave! I love the improvements to our helmets and think that it shows recruits we are investing in our team being a contender year in and year out.

The 27 is a little misleading in that they have not had 27 different helmets, they have had 27 different helmet designs. Many of those designs involve the same base helmet with different decals or a different facemask. I love going to this site to see all the different looks teams roll out. We have certainly been very creative with our helmets during the Fleck era but players and recruits seem to love stuff like that.

I’ve been buying replica helmets for my man cave! I love the improvements to our helmets and think that it shows recruits we are investing in our team being a contender year in and year out.
Yeah me too, I just got the yellow helmet with the Goldy face on the side and it looks really sharp down there. I like it as it gives you options as a fan.

The 27 is a little misleading in that they have not had 27 different helmets, they have had 27 different helmet designs. Many of those designs involve the same base helmet with different decals or a different facemask. I love going to this site to see all the different looks teams roll out. We have certainly been very creative with our helmets during the Fleck era but players and recruits seem to love stuff like that.

This. There are currently only 4 helmets, with rotating stickers/facemasks. The helmet shell they reuse, and just take off/add different color facemasks and stickers each week. Matte maroon, yellow gold, chrome gold, white.

I'm glad the glittery maroon from Fleck's first year seem to be retired after just one year. I really disliked those. I much preferred the matte maroon from the Kill era, so I was glad to see they went back to that.

IMO, this may be the greatest Gopher helmet of all time:

Capture1.JPG

This. There are currently only 4 helmets, with rotating stickers/facemasks. The helmet shell they reuse, and just take off/add different color facemasks and stickers each week. Matte maroon, yellow gold, chrome gold, white.

I'm glad the glittery maroon from Fleck's first year seem to be retired after just one year. I really disliked those. I much preferred the matte maroon from the Kill era, so I was glad to see they went back to that.
I'd be completely OK if the White one disappeared.

I like how the 1930 - 2010 section is the same size as 2019.

Does this take forever to load for everyone or is it my bad Comcast connection?

I don't mind the original helmets with the maroon and gold stripe with the numbers on the side. I would have preferred we never deviated from those and had something iconic after all of these years --- though Fleck would have have probably changed it when he got here 😂

Will we ever have a return to "Gold Country" like they did in the '70's? Dungy looked good in that. We tried in the 90's if I remember. Under the Wackster.

It's a cool helmet, just not our school color though.
We really don't have school colors that are consistent really. Gold, yellow, maroon, weird red, etc...

We really don't have school colors that are consistent really. Gold, yellow, maroon, weird red, etc...

By the way, can I just say it's so nice to get back to arguing about which school colors are right instead of politics.

Why.....why would you say the P word....this thread was going along so well......

I do wonder how common it is for other schools to go through as many variations in their team colors the way we have in terms of different shades of the school colors.

Does that mean they don't like the traditional Bama, Micheegan, Penn State, LSU, Husker, Longhorn, etc lids?

Some schools take pride in their "classic" look, others embrace the trend of changing things up and trying out different looks. Both are totally valid ways to go about it. Fleck clearly likes using the helmet as a way to mix things up with different decals and looks throughout the season.

Top Bottom