Gophers have ELEVEN 4-star players!

I get that it’s an upgrade for us and our recent history, but it also feels kind of lame to be parading it on social media. According to last years rosters that would only put us ahead of NW/ILL in the west and towards the bottom of the new B1G as a whole.

I love seeing the trends going in the right direction but maybe we should have waited until 18-20 4* to be flaunting it?

I get that it’s an upgrade for us and our recent history, but it also feels kind of lame to be parading it on social media. According to last years rosters that would only put us ahead of NW/ILL in the west and towards the bottom of the new B1G as a whole.

I love seeing the trends going in the right direction but maybe we should have waited until 18-20 4* to be flaunting it?
So he accomplishes something that hasn't happened in my lifetime (56) and they shouldn't mention it because others have done better?

spinal-tap-eleven.gif

🤦🏻‍♂️

Go Fleck!!

Really? Why? Why should they have waited?

It's a tweet from Tony Liebert....not that big of a deal.

ASU should flaunt their new NCAA record as well.

Eleven 4 stars is admirable. PJ said he was focused on raising the floor. I hope that means a bad year is 7 wins. I'd be happy with 8 or more this season and raise the floor again next year.

You realize the person who posted on Twitter is just a random, right? It isn’t Fleck or an official account. You’re a clown.

Shouldn't the players listed as "on the roster" actually BE on the roster?

Good talk boys. Ill try and make it a bit more digestible for a few of you.

I’m as excited as anyone to have the talent and I’m happy that fleck is continuously raising that bar of what we can expect.

It’s also something that our rivals and peers have been doing for years. 11 4* barely has us in the top 50 based on team talent. Leibert tweeted it and I respect him and his work and while it’s a milestone for us most other schools have normalized it.

I’m as excited as anyone to have the talent and I’m happy that fleck is continuously raising that bar of what we can expect.

It’s also something that our rivals and peers have been doing for years. 11 4* barely has us in the top 50 based on team talent. Leibert tweeted it and I respect him and his work and while it’s a milestone for us most other schools have normalized it.
Our recruiting classes under Fleck have been typically in the 30's or 40's. This isn't news to us. We're all aware of where our recruiting has been as we have had multiple discussions here over the years.

That’s like saying if we win a conference title we shouldn’t be excited because other teams have won a bunch and normalized it.

Your take is terrible and reasoning is just as terrible.

Pouring ketchup on a dog turd does not make it more digestible. Still a dog turd. Try again.

This is social media now, you'll have to get used to it. But, hey...It sure beats the old days when our recruiting battles were against the likes of Miami (OH), South Dakota, Illinois, Bowling Green, Texas St., etc.
Just gotta enjoy it.

The school, team nor coach Fleck are the ones parading this. Not only that but social media is where the Fleck bashers spend their time complaining about the recruit rankings so it makes sense to point this out for them there.

Top Bottom