Gophers had players only meeting on Monday, McBrayer called it "intense."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I would have expected those two to lead it. Good for them.

per Marcus:

Gophers sophomore guard Dupree McBrayer described the players-only meeting Monday as "intense" with team leaders frustrated over the current five-game losing streak going into Saturday's game at Illinois.

Minnesota lost another close game last weekend 85-78 to Maryland at home. Players had almost an entire week to think about what is going wrong and how to fix it.

"You can tell that our leaders are fed up with us not doing the little things," McBrayer said. "So they came forward and said, 'Hey, this is what we need to start doing if we want to win, if we want to go to the NCAA tournament, if we want to make a run in the Big Ten tournament. I think all the guys got that message."

Senior captain Akeem Springs and junior captain Nate Mason were the main players speaking their mind during the meeting. They've been the most vocal leaders this season, but their message was definitely heard this time, freshman Eric Curry said.

"I felt like they were telling the truth," Curry said. "So you got to listen. We know all the little things happen, because that's what's beating us right now -- just not boxing out. Things like that. We know we've got to do those things. It was mostly Akeem and Nate. They told us the truth, the facts. You just had to listen and take it like a man."

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...690873/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Go Gophers!!

I don't really mind the whole "players only" meetings...but why do media members? Like how does that kind of thing get to the media and what is the point of making it known?

I don't really mind the whole "players only" meetings...but why do media members? Like how does that kind of thing get to the media and what is the point of making it known?
What's the point of any of hiding it?

After you answer that.

What's the point of that?

Players only meetings are as good as the next result.

To tell everyone a bit about the heart and soul of the team. Or sell newspapers.

Go Gophers!!

Do the players have a players only meeting once a year?

Why not start your season off with a players only meeting since they generally are successful?

Or maybe you should have one after every loss?

Go Gophers!!

that is because "low energy Tubby" was leading the team!

Top Bottom