Gophers football recruit Jacob Knuth turns into a U recruiter

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

Jacob Knuth decided Minnesota was the college program for him back in February, giving a verbal commitment to Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck.

And when the quarterback from Harrisburg, S.D., made an unofficial visit to campus on June 1 and followed up with his official visit last weekend, he wanted to do more than just check out the facilities. He figured he had a job to do, too.

"Ever since I committed, I've put my recruiting hat on and started building relationships with other recruits that the Gophers were interested in and worked hard to get them in the boat as well," Knuth said.

As a QB, Knuth is tapping his leadership skills, and he has help in that task from future teammates, too. Wide receiver Kristen Hoskins of Alexandria, Minn., and Knuth met at a camp in Florida in December, and both three-star recruits committed to Minnesota around the same time. They've been spreading the Minnesota gridiron gospel since, and they helped the Gophers land running back Zach Evans of Rockwall-Heath (Texas) High School.

"They were both telling me about what the program offers, what they felt about their experiences in recruiting with coach Fleck," said Evans, a three-star recruit who made his official visit to Minnesota from June 11-13. "That had a big influence, too."

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom