Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck on last season: 'I failed'

I mean no matter what someone is going to be frustrated in here :)

Under KC the offense seemed very efficient. When teams loaded the box we passed, when they dropped back we ran and the slant was a deadly play. It certainly wasn't perfect but it was very very good and Morgan was being talked about along with some of the best QBs in all of college football during 2019.

I honestly think some have forgotten how much fun that 2019 season was over the craziness of the past few seasons
There is a maturity to the offensive scheme under KC. Taking what the defense gives and countering their adjustments, having plays ready to exploit their adjustments. Yes, we had more WR talent in 2019 than this season, but it will be nice to see more of a mature scheme and less chaos when we find ourselves down against inferior opponents.

I mean no matter what someone is going to be frustrated in here :)

Under KC the offense seemed very efficient. When teams loaded the box we passed, when they dropped back we ran and the slant was a deadly play. It certainly wasn't perfect but it was very very good and Morgan was being talked about along with some of the best QBs in all of college football during 2019.

I honestly think some have forgotten how much fun that 2019 season was over the craziness of the past few seasons

I think if the craziness lead to adjustments (like it did under KC) most fans would accept it more. Under our previous OC though it looked like, at best, we would just switch which side the RB was on and run to that hole instead. Even with 9 guys in the box no switch to a pass just shift where the run goes too.

The whole point to the offense is to create the best matchup. KC did that, Sanford did not. It is like he forgot the basic fundamentals of offense. If they are selling out to run, pass.

The whole point to the offense is to create the best matchup. KC did that, Sanford did not. It is like he forgot the basic fundamentals of offense. If they are selling out to run, pass.
You’re assuming he knew the basics,

Obviously has been a few years but I rarely remember being frustrated with our offense in the previous KC years and 2019 specifically. Yes we ran the play clock down but the offense felt under control and more often than not the sideline checks seemed to lead to good adjustments.

The past 2 years the offense has never seemed to be in sync and the sideline checks/adjustments were a mess. Morgan running around like crazy before the snap and everyone just looking disorganized or frantic.

Our offense was fun to watch under KC, it was not fun to watch at all under Sanford and much more closely resembled the offense we got accustomed to under Kill where the forward pass looked like something that was a mystery to both the coaches and players.
I remember being frustrated with our offense A LOT before about mid season 2018

Well, if you feel that way, you'll love next year's schedule.
I do think it is interesting how perspective has shifted. There was a time not that long ago where pretty much any schedule looked daunting (especially the conference portion). Now we have fans complaining that the schedule is too soft. :)

The schedule looks pretty soft this fall. NDSU beats the Illinois team most years by 40 points. Colorado, Rutgers, NW. I would like to see a few more challenging teams.
When the Colorado game was scheduled they were near the top of the Pac 12, those games get scheduled damn near a decade in advance. Conference game, the league actually changed the schedule, don't really control who and when you play. As for Western Illinois, everyone schedules crap teams, we play 10/12 games are vs Power five opponents, it's fine

When the Colorado game was scheduled they were near the top of the Pac 12, those games get scheduled damn near a decade in advance. Conference game, the league actually changed the schedule, don't really control who and when you play. As for Western Illinois, everyone schedules crap teams, we play 10/12 games are vs Power five opponents, it's fine
I don't think it even matters where Colorado was when the game was scheduled. With a 9 game league schedule playing 1 power 5 team in the non-conf is more than enough.

I don't think it even matters where Colorado was when the game was scheduled. With a 9 game league schedule playing 1 power 5 team in the non-conf is more than enough.
Yeah. There is a difference between scheduling Alabama and Colorado (not saying scheduling Alabama is a good idea)

To me there isn’t really a difference between Colorado and Kansas state or Georgia tech or Mississippi statte

You could catch one in a year where they are top 20 or catch one in a year they are under .500 and it’s all done blindly years in advance

I was being facetious, I am definitely happy with the way the season ended as well. Just saying if he was going to point to a failure that would be an obvious one to me. Not to:horse:but those losses to BG and IL were brutal, and I can't blame much on the defensive side of the ball for them.
The brutalist of brutal.

Top Bottom