Gophers fans, you can spend Christmas with one current or former Gopher athlete or coach: Who are you choosing and why?

Based on an overwhelming number of comments over the past couple of months, I'd guess the most popular answer might be Ben Johnson. Mainly so we could have a one-on-one conversation with him to explain all the mistakes he's made and is making in terms of team construction, X's & O's, playing time, player development and properly working the officials. Did I miss anything? Then remind him that he probably should not even be the head coach. Maybe even convince him that we're right and he decides to resign.

Obviously, I'm 100% kidding. At least I hope I am. Unfortunately, something tells me that there might be 1-2, who get joy out of making it rain on a parade, for whom being able to do this would be the greatest Christmas gift ever.
;)

Richard Pitino, I always liked Richard. I would like to discuss with him who his favorite posters were on the gopher hole and why. I would also like to go someplace warm for Christmas.

Last edited:

In basketball I'd chat with Kevin McHale. I watched him play in high school and all the way up. It would be fun to talk "da Range" with him.

In basketball I'd chat with Kevin McHale. I watched him play in high school and all the way up. It would be fun to talk "da Range" with him.

Just catch him up at Bimbo's on Side Lake in the summer time. Pretty sure he still has a place and a boat on Big Sturgeon

Richard Pitino. Picking the brain of an active coach of a ranked team would be great.

I do really like Richard as a person.

Top Bottom