Gophers equipment sales is this Saturday!

GopherLady

Reaction score
If you're interested in getting awesome Gophers stuff, the annual sale is this Saturday from 10am - 2pm in the Sports Pavilion - enter through the west lobby.

Did they really have to do it on fishing opener! :mad: ;)

Shoot, I'd really like to make it to one of those!

Hey Gopherocious, when will the pictoral countdown begin?! I look forward to it every year. From GH's "count down page" it looks like we're just 112 days away from kickoff!

http://www.gopherhole.com/page/show/334819-gopher-football

I actually thought about that around the time of the spring game, but 143 days or so seemed like a bit of overkill. It will be SOON!

Glad to know that's how I'm remembered around here! :)

I actually thought about that around the time of the spring game, but 143 days or so seemed like a bit of overkill. It will be SOON!

Glad to know that's how I'm remembered around here! :)

That's a great legacy to have!!!

Anyone know if they sell game worn hockey jerseys at this event?

It really doesn't matter. The first two guys in line will buy them all before you get in the door.

I've seen game worn football jersey's in years past, but never seen game worn hockey jereys.

If you're interested in getting awesome Gophers stuff, the annual sale is this Saturday from 10am - 2pm in the Sports Pavilion - enter through the west lobby.

Do you have a link? I can't find anything about it online?

Ugh. I ALWAYS miss these darn things. Wish they would have had it during the spring game this year as in years past! I was actually really early to that! Oh well.

How early do people get in line for this? Is there a limit to what you can buy or can you grab as much as you want? Wouldnt be able to get there until close to 10 and dont want to up if there is really nothing that great left.

Meeting Dr.Don in person would be a really great legacy, GL!!! :cool:

I think that would break the restraining order ;).

Do you have a link? I can't find anything about it online?[/QUOTE]

http://www.gophersports.com/genrel/050814aaa.html

Btw - I'll put this out there to any takers...I don't know if I can go, but for sure can't go when it opens. If anyone can get me a white football jersey, I'll give you an extra $25 for grabbing one for me. A friend in Florida really wants one.

If you are 6'5" and 300 lbs then this is the sale of the century for you! If normal sized like me then it might be a waste of your time...

Did they really have to do it on fishing opener! :mad: ;)

Shoot, I'd really like to make it to one of those!

Why do people always say that? It's an arbitrary date that means nothing to the fish. The fish will still be there, the equipment will not.

Why do people always say that? It's an arbitrary date that means nothing to the fish. The fish will still be there, the equipment will not.

It's highly known to be one of the best fishing weekends of the year in Minnesota for many reasons. If you want me to really derail the thread I can list the reasons as well. Fishing opener is like the first Gopher football game. It's finally time when anglers can get back out on the water doing something they love. Or am I supposed to skip a weekend at the lake with family and friends because I want to buy my hundredth Gopher shirt?

Back to the sale...hopefully you guys find some sweet gear! The picture on Twitter of some of the items look pretty sweet!!

Would like to see some pics from the event. May try to make the next one.

People were in line by 7am

My friends got in line by 9am, and were amongst the 1st 20 people.

Would like to see some pics from the event. May try to make the next one.

I tweeted a few out - www.twitter.com/nadinebabu - the line was CRAZY by 9:30am.

Not sure how many jerseys they started with but all of them were gone within minutes

Like 1 minute. Since my friends got a good spot, I ran to the jerseys and got one for my friend's wedding gift (he's been wanting one for years). I still don't get the obsession with grown men wanting to wear another man's jersey...but whatever works! :)

I bought a maroon #17 two years ago when they had the sale with the Spring game. If anyone want to buy it for $40 pm me. It is a large. We have never worn it and I bought it on a whim. Not sure why, because like I said we have never worn it.

I couldn't get down there til about 1:30, and by then the Pavilion looked like a locker plant after a pack of hungry dogs got done with it.

Still managed to get some dri-fit shirts and a pair of practice shorts.

My friends got in line by 9am, and were amongst the 1st 20 people.

Did your friends budge or know people that got there early the hopped in line by? :D I got there about 8:45 and was down where you took the picture at, just before it wraps around the corner.

Top Bottom