Gophers dance team are national champs for the 5th year in a row!!!

GopherLady

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if this should go to the OT board, but they support both football and bball, and didn't want it to get lost.

My friend is at nationals, and she said that our Gopher dance team didn't just win once, but in Jazz and Pom. They are really are remarkable!

Here's one of the photos:
https://twitter.com/UDAnews/status/425039517624836097/photo/1

I'm pretty sure these are this year's videos, but the website isn't the best:
Edit - looks like the videos aren't embedding, you can look at this site and type "Minnesota" into the search: http://www.varsity.com/event/1809/2014_uca_uda

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?embedCode=htcjU2azqtj2haSXsnfw41NXjGCi8TVX&hide=sharing%2Cchannels&deepLinkEmbedCode=htcjU2azqtj2haSXsnfw41NXjGCi8TVX"></script>

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?embedCode=hzYzY2azrzGc_XOZVRnqzBIC7YYU13Xj&hide=sharing%2Cchannels&deepLinkEmbedCode=hzYzY2azrzGc_XOZVRnqzBIC7YYU13Xj"></script>

Goldy took 2nd in the mascot competion (I'm guessing he was robbed, as we know he's the BEST).

Our Gophers all-girl cheer team got 7th, and they're waiting on co-ed results right now.

Dr. Don: Yes, there are different levels. NDSU competes in Division 1 ... the Gophers compete in 1A

Thanks for posting. My daughter is in dance and she really looks up to the Gopher dance team. She watches them closely every home game she attends.

It is always fun to read YouTube comments for their past videos to see people who know the dance team scene gush over them.

Thanks for posting. My daughter is in dance and she really looks up to the Gopher dance team. She watches them closely every home game she attends.

It is always fun to read YouTube comments for their past videos to see people who know the dance team scene gush over them.

Me too. Only real reason I bring the binoculars

So does this mean they've won 8 or 9 of the previous 12? They won 4 or 5 in a row while I was in undergrad.

The Iowa Hawkeye Dance Team was invited but the custodial staff could not get them unstuck from the wood floor in Carver-Hawkeye Arena.

Me too. I have a special pair of dark pants that I wear to every game. I have cut the pocket out, so I can really enjoy watching the girls dance. It's very important that the pants are dark (I learned the hard way when I wore a pair of light khakis).

Me too. I have a special pair of dark pants that I wear to every game. I have cut the pocket out, so I can really enjoy watching the girls dance. It's very important that the pants are dark (I learned the hard way when I wore a pair of light khakis).

May I suggest a pair of Zoomies?
pDGC1-16965758enh500.jpg

Attachments

• pDGC1-16965758enh500.jpg
    pDGC1-16965758enh500.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 9

You dream, kelly. You go to bed with the problem in your jammies and wake up in the morning with the solution in your hands.

So does this mean they've won 8 or 9 of the previous 12? They won 4 or 5 in a row while I was in undergrad.

They won 4 Dance Titles in the Jazz Category in 2003, 2004, 2005 & 2006. They finished 4th, 4th and 2nd in the Hip-Hop categories in 04, 05 & 06. I am not sure if they had a Pom Category back then or not and if they did have one, if UMn competed in it.

The current format only allows teams to compete in 2 of the 3 categories, so its possible the Pom category was around back then but we simply chose to compete in the Hip-Hop category instead?

I suspect we got spoiled by our spirit squads excellence for I could not find any information on how the squads did in 2007, but I remember looking it up at the time and we placed in the Top Ten in several categories but it was one of our worst performances of the 21st Century.

Then in 2008 we finished 2nd in Jazz and 11th in Hip Hop, and in 2009 we finished 3rd in Jazz and 7th in Hip Hop.

Now I believe that 2010 was the first year for the Pom Category, or it was at least our first year competing in that category instead of the Hip-Hop category and it was in 2010 that we won our first of 5 straight double titles in Jazz and Pom.

So that would mean UMn's won 9 of the last 12 Dance Team Natl Titles in the Jazz Category and all 5 of the Dance Team Natl Tites in our short history of participating in that category and Goldy Gopher has won 2 of the last 4 Natl Titles and has 7 straight Top 5 finishes.

Top Bottom