Gophers currently in Top 10

Dances With Gophers

Reaction score
but we need to CRUSH Sconnie, Corn, and WhoHateIowa always and forever. Even in fundraising efforts!

For those who are familiar with EDSBS, this relates to the annual CFB fundraising effort for NAP.

New American Pathways (NAP) is a charity that helps refugees and immigrants. According to NAP, "Our services support new Americans on their individual pathways from arrival through citizenship with programs that focus on four key milestones along the pathway – Safety & Stability, Self-Sufficiency, Success, and Service. Programs work in concert to guide new Americans on their individual pathways to long-term success."

Let me give you a few examples: They provide school liaisons to help 180 kids navigate schools in their new home and sponsor a "parents as teachers" program to help parents help their kids succeed. They placed 242 people in jobs last year and helped 171 immigrants file for green cards. They provided 146 people with vocational counseling and 76 matches with ESL tutors. And they speak up and speak out for immigrants and refugees.

And NAP does all this on a lean, efficient budget of about $4.5m per year. If you want a bottom line proxy, Charity Navigator gives NAP a four-star (top) rating for accountability and transparency. If you’re a details person, I’ve given you a link to NAP’s 2019 financial statements.

I always feel good about supporting NAP, and I hope you will too.

Donation link:

I've already donated:
$33.25 - beating Nebraska in the all-time series 33-25
$62.49 - beating Iowa in the all-time series 62-49
$2.00 hat tip to Sconnie for the # of years they've enjoyed the outright head-to-head lead in our 129-year-long rivalry
$97.74 total

Feel free to contribute $52.14 in honor of the 2014 Iowa massacre (52-14), or $31.24 in honor of last year's Outback bowl victory, or even $21.03 as a hat tip to our last Rose Bowl victory (1962 over UCLA). Any amount helps!

Mods - sorry (not really sorry) if this is in violation of one of the 1,723 posting rules. If so, please nuke.

If not - let's effing bury the rest of the B1G!

leaderboard.png

Top Bottom