Gophers can still finish 5th in the West

Otis

Reaction score
Our beloved Gophers can still fulfill prognosticators dreams and finish 5th by losing all 3 of their remaining games.
Illinois would have to win out and would win tiebreaker.
The three teams currently tied for first with the Gophers would only have to win one more game, two of them play the Gophers.
Pretty rare to be tied for FIRST this late in the season and still have the chance to finish FIFTH.
If I was a betting man, and being Minnesotan, I know where I’d be putting my money!
(Just to ensure it doesn’t happen)

Our beloved rodents didn’t miss the opportunity to disappoint when hopes were rising. My prediction- they beat Iowa and Indiana and then you KNOW what happens against the Fadgers.

It is almost guaranteed to happen with Sanford Jr steering the boat into a fast moving rapids.

Heaven help us. There are not enough oars to change the course. Unless a miracle happens.

If (and this is a pretty big IF) the Gophers beat Iowa, that Indiana becomes a serious trap game and a great spot for the Hoosiers. You would be getting the Gophers off a huge win at home plus the look ahead to Wisconsin.. For the gamblers it does not get any better than this.....

Our beloved rodents didn’t miss the opportunity to disappoint when hopes were rising. My prediction- they beat Iowa and Indiana and then you KNOW what happens against the Fadgers.
While that would be very disappointing.
It’s not Minnesota level disappointing like dropping all three, losing the last four of the season after locking in PJ for the foreseeable future and then getting a bowl invite to Detroilet.
Now that’s what we’re used too!

If (and this is a pretty big IF) the Gophers beat Iowa, that Indiana becomes a serious trap game and a great spot for the Hoosiers. You would be getting the Gophers off a huge win at home plus the look ahead to Wisconsin.. For the gamblers it does not get any better than this.....
Most likely, the Gophers will need that win over the Hoosiers just to get to 7-5. I do not see us beating out any other Big Ten team in the bowl pickings this year so maybe 6-6 or 7-5 won't even matter. They need to get rid of that guy who is calling the offensive plays or you can just flush the rest of this season down the toilet.

I agree with you in terms of the definition of a trap game and that this would fall into that category. But frankly, if anyone on this team is overlooking any opponent on the schedule at this point than there is something wrong with that kids approach to the game of football.

If they manage to regroup and beat Iowa this weekend it would be really disappointing to see anyone on the roster take Indiana lightly with everything on the line.

it's starting to get so bearish that it's bullish

just need more black and gold teams on the road and less orange teams at home

I agree with you in terms of the definition of a trap game and that this would fall into that category. But frankly, if anyone on this team is overlooking any opponent on the schedule at this point than there is something wrong with that kids approach to the game of football.

If they manage to regroup and beat Iowa this weekend it would be really disappointing to see anyone on the roster take Indiana lightly with everything on the line.
well -- they have done it not once but TWICE already this year.........not sure if it's the players overlooking them or the overconfident coaches and their sh*tty game plan, though.

Top Bottom