Gophers basketball gets official visit from 7-2 junior Daniel Jacobsen

I don’t see clingan from UCONN shooting threes. He is the literal definition of a 7 foot post player. Lobs, dunks, layups, post-ups, and excellent rim protection…not sure where he was going with that comparison

"Positionless" doesn't require five players to be scoring threats from all areas of the offensive half of the floor. It requires all five players to know what HE is required to do when he is playing all areas of the offensive half of the floor, and shooting may not be required for everyone from all areas.

"Positionless" doesn't require five players to be scoring threats from all areas of the offensive half of the floor. It requires all five players to know what HE is required to do when he is playing all areas of the offensive half of the floor, and shooting may not be required for everyone from all areas.
Idk, if it was truly positionless then everyone would be capable of doing everything the other players on the floor could do making them completely interchangeable and therefore removing the need for positions. Once you have a player that can't do the same as the other players and their role is altered, then you have fundamentally created a position that is different then the others.

Idk, if it was truly positionless then everyone would be capable of doing everything the other players on the floor could do making them completely interchangeable and therefore removing the need for positions. Once you have a player that can't do the same as the other players and their role is altered, then you have fundamentally created a position that is different then the others.
Finally someone defining positionless basketball. Now we know it is defining 5 identical players on the court together. I had assumed it only meant not limiting the roles of individual players. Opening the box.

Finally someone defining positionless basketball. Now we know it is defining 5 identical players on the court together. I had assumed it only meant not limiting the roles of individual players. Opening the box.
Not true.
If five positions DECIDE to NOT DO anything different from their teammates, it is still positionless, regardless of what each player is capable of doing.

Yep not limiting what they do would essentially be the same thing. If everyone can do everything, then why would you limit what they do? Can't wait to see Hawkins posting up 7 footers on the low block and Garcia running point. Let's go!

Yep not limiting what they do would essentially be the same thing. If everyone can do everything, then why would you limit what they do? Can't wait to see Hawkins posting up 7 footers on the low block and Garcia running point. Let's go!
Positonless basketball means you do not have a dominant post player.

Some of you are stuck on terminology rather than game strategy.

I had just sold out for positionless basketball.

Some of you are stuck on terminology rather than game strategy.
How to position players is part of the game strategy, so does having no positions make game strategizing easier or more difficult?

Wisconsin...Purdue are finalists.... Daniel announced at 5pm(CST) that he will be a Purdue Boilermaker
Can't blame him - Purdue is a big man factory and they are paying Edey a cool million in NIL this year...

Whatever. People think purdue is the place to go if your a center. Edey gets the ball within a foot of the basket. Coaching is a joke.

Can't blame him - Purdue is a big man factory and they are paying Edey a cool million in NIL this year...
I think we could find $1 million for the returning POY on the reigning B1G champs. I think that's much easier/realistic than finding $$$ to pay guys who were on the worst team in program history.

My source says Ben cooled on him. Watched several games and handed out very few high fives or butt slaps. Clearly didn’t fit the culture.

Top Bottom