Gophers at the Fair

Ski U Master

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is a Maroon and Gold day at the fair this year? Would love to get out and see the trophies this year!

I would bet the trophies will be there everyday. The band will be in the parade Sunday Sept. 6.

I would bet the trophies will be there everyday. The band will be in the parade Sunday Sept. 6.

Yes, in the past the trophies have always been on display at the U of M hall on the north side of The Garden (on Dan Patch between Underwood and Cooper).

The million dollar question still remains: Will the Broken Chair be in the case along with Floyd and the Jug?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Maroon and Gold day is typically the first Sunday of the fair.

The band will be in the parade on Sunday Sept 6.

The Fair is wonderful. Watching the band go by while eating some mini-donuts or cheese curds from the mouse trap vendor is truly special. A nice malt from the vendor next to the butter sculptures is an equally acceptable alternative.

The Fair is wonderful. Watching the band go by while eating some mini-donuts or cheese curds from the mouse trap vendor is truly special. A nice malt from the vendor next to the butter sculptures is an equally acceptable alternative.
More of an "About a Foot-long Hotdog" or Tom Thumb mini-donuts guy myself.

I'm a corn dog guy myself, but I've got a picture of Goldy ordering from the About-A-Foot-Long-Hot-Dog stand across from the U booth, so there is that.

Has WCCO said which players will be appearing with Sid at the Fair? That is always a fair tradition - either on the 1st or 2nd weekend of the fair,depending on the Gophers' schedule. Sid starts out by asking a few questions and/or razzing the players. Then they usually take some questions from the audience. Plus - the 'CCO booth is just across the street from Sweet Martha's Cookies!!!!!

Top Bottom