Gophers 5* signee receives $500K offer to switch to Louisville

EasyThere Pilgrim

Reaction score
Sure he also says freshman Henley is allowed to play through mistakes...implying that he doesn't like that kind of coaching. But does that sound believable? He had to say something.

Be strong, serve God only and know that if you do beautiful heaven awaits… Arr.D.

Thought you were leaving... Not a.man of your word... That's some shady character flaw ya got going on

Source?

I know Evans is getting a 'Crystal Ball' to Louisville - and I know that Ryan James said Evans would be going "to the highest bidder."

but I would still prefer to see something more substantial than an unsupported assertion.

seriously, Pilgrim - if you are quoting from a story somewhere, give us a link or a cut-and-paste of the relevant portions.

As others have already said -- is Louisville really considered a lower program than the Gophers?

Come on.

In Rick's last year they averaged over 20k fans. I'm sure that average has gone down as they haven't been that good in a bit, but you don't really think they're going to stay down do you?

Cal and Louisville have both won two conference games, by the way.

Guessing the Gophers are going to be the only P5 team in the country with only 1 conf win this season?

the fact that the AAU coach is allegedly involved in this makes me more likely to believe that something is/was going on behind the scenes.

when Evans made his official visit to MN, he brought the AAU coach along - and according to reports, it was the AAU coach who was asking about NIL.

look, I'm sure there are a lot of AAU coaches who are great guys, are honest and have the players' best interests at heart. But, I also suspect that some AAU coaches are looking for a meal ticket or a payday.

so maybe something changed from the time Evans signed his LOI. maybe someone got a message to the AAU coach that Evans could get a lot more NIL money somewhere else. I have my suspicions.

the fact that the AAU coach is allegedly involved in this makes me more likely to believe that something is/was going on behind the scenes.

when Evans made his official visit to MN, he brought the AAU coach along - and according to reports, it was the AAU coach who was asking about NIL.

look, I'm sure there are a lot of AAU coaches who are great guys, are honest and have the players' best interests at heart. But, I also suspect that some AAU coaches are looking for a meal ticket or a payday.

so maybe something changed from the time Evans signed his LOI. maybe someone got a message to the AAU coach that Evans could get a lot more NIL money somewhere else. I have my suspicions.
These unscrupulous AAU coaches have to learn sometime that players come to Minnesota for the love of the game not the love of $$$.

:cool03:

This is a blessing in disguise, I don't care how good this kid was he wasn't elevating our program weighing all of 200 lbs soaking wet in the BIG. Shit, Payne would wreck this kid.

If Ben isn't able to secure a starting PG between now and next season we don't have to fire him before the season, but it's inevitable. I wonder if his protect the borders strategy was really the only thing that got him hired lol

Top Bottom