Gophers #15 in both AP & Coaches Polls

Wisc #10, Penn St #12.

As long as Wisc takes a nice fall out of the top 12 when they lose to Ohio State, that's all I can ask for at this point. No NY6 bowl for Becky.

Not bad. Might be a bit higher in the Playoff rankings. The coaches and writers will have a last shot at it after the national championship is settled.

As
Ending the regular season in the Top 25 feels very right to me.

As opposed to what most non-gopherholers predicted. Don't think I saw/heard a single one predict playing for the west division or being ranked in the top 10 during the year.

Ending the regular season in the Top 25 feels very right to me.
Is our bowl game a must win or lose close versus a higher rated opponent a necessity to finish in the Top 25?
Could get shaky with a bowl loss?

Is our bowl game a must win or lose close versus a higher rated opponent a necessity to finish in the Top 25?

Only way I could see us finishing outside the top 25 would be getting blown out by an unranked team in our bowl game. Seems unlikely to happen. Best case scenario would be to get a win against a quality opponent and finish somewhere just outside the top 10.

11-2, 7-2 with a top 15 ranking to end the season would be pretty dang impressive.

I don't see how Oregon is ranked above us. Losing to Arizona State is a much worse lose than losing to the BADgers (although the score in the Oregon game was a lot closer than ours). All told, 15 is about right. Wisconsin will drop when they lose to OSU, which puts PSU/MN/WI all close to each other in the rankings -- I'm still holding onto a slim hope that the Rose Bowl picks us over the other two.

Only way I could see us finishing outside the top 25 would be getting blown out by an unranked team in our bowl game. Seems unlikely to happen. Best case scenario would be to get a win against a quality opponent and finish somewhere just outside the top 10.

11-2, 7-2 with a top 15 ranking to end the season would be pretty dang impressive.

It's hard to imagine the Gophers plummeting from 15 to out of the top 25. The only way I could see it is is if the Gophers get a poor opponent and still get totally crushed.

It’s a must win to keep building. Look at what Alvarez did... went to bowl games and beat better opponents.

It’s a must win to keep building. Look at what Alvarez did... went to bowl games and beat better opponents.

Too early to call it "must win". That will depend on the opponent and location. That said, a win would go a long way towards erasing the bad taste from the game Saturday and provide some nice momentum into the off season.

Top Bottom