Gophers 14th commit?

PurplePride

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know who it is?

The Golden Gophers proved just how valuable a dominant running game can be last Thursday night during their opening game victory on the road against Middle Tennessee State. The Minnesota staff took another step in securing a running game for the future with a verbal commitment from a top offensive lineman from the state of Florida this afternoon. [details]

I don't know but I'm going to guess Russell Haughton-James.

Edit: typo

If we didnt steal a commit from someone, my guess is Russel Haughton-James

Does this mean that Marz the OL from MN is going somewhere else?

It is amazing what passes for a "top offensive lineman from the state of Florida" these days. I am sure Russell is a fantastic guy and player, but not sure what GI is talking about.

It is amazing what passes for a "top offensive lineman from the state of Florida" these days. I am sure Russell is a fantastic guy and player, but not sure what GI is talking about.
What are you trying to say? Welcome aboard Russell.

The South Florida Sun Sentinel considers him one of the top three O-lineman in the Miami-Dade/Broward County area. I'll take that areas top three at any regular position anytime (things get thin at kicker and punter)

The South Florida Sun Sentinel considers him one of the top three O-lineman in the Miami-Dade/Broward County area. I'll take that areas top three at any regular position anytime (things get thin at kicker and punter)

Hope this helps.

Nice. It's a pretty solid OL class I'd say. well done Brew Crew.

Young man has the requisite size and mentality. The rest is foot speed and technique, sometime the U has been successful at developing for many years.

Be honest, no one know much about this kid...what does his offer list look like? If he has offers from FSU, Fla, or Miami, i'll be a little more excited, but if we beat out Fla International than I am not going to get too worked up...

who knows what his offer list would have looked like. He had a number of good schools looking at him. That line of reasoning isn't so apt at this time of the year unless you're looking at 4*+

He's got the size, plays in a quality football area, seems to play hard. It's a pretty good combo.

We've got to be done with OL's now right? I know Marz is still out there, but we badly need RB, WR, CB, S, and DE's and we are running out of scholarships.

We've got to be done with OL's now right? I know Marz is still out there, but we badly need RB, WR, CB, S, and DE's and we are running out of scholarships.

Yeah.

Marz may have missed this boat. It's too bad.

According to FBT it seems they are pushing really hard for a couple of really nice DB's.

Has the look of a solid prospect, good footwork and balance, decent upper body strength and motor. He dominated his man in the clips although the opposition looked rather unimpressive.

I don't get some of the people on this board. No one went overboard on this thread with optimism, they simply pointed out that a kid who some consider to be one of the top OL in FLorida, committed to the Gophers. There wasn't any outrageous claims about the kid. Everything was in-line with a pretty pragmatic approach to valuing recruits (he has good size, etc.). I can't comprehend how this thread would bring the people who are acting like people are going overboard about this kid.

How should these threads read?

"Gophers rumored to have signed OL. I've never seen him play or played against him. He might be good or he might be bad."....do you think that would draw the "recruiting realist brigade"?

Be honest, no one know much about this kid...what does his offer list look like? If he has offers from FSU, Fla, or Miami, i'll be a little more excited, but if we beat out Fla International than I am not going to get too worked up...

To be honest you don't know much about this kid. Forgive me if I trust the coaching staff over your in-depth analysis.

You are not an I
i'll be a little more excited
or a we
if we beat out Fla International

Buckyville is to the east, if I understand correctly. Please feel free to to visit there.

It's obvious that you have an agenda, but why did you choose Florida Int'l as the team to mention that we beat out for this kid?

We also beat out South Florida. They are Big East school with 8+ wins and a bowl appearance each of the past three seasons, who also happen to be located right in his backyard.

It's obvious that you have an agenda, but why did you choose Florida Int'l as the team to mention that we beat out for this kid?

We also beat out South Florida. They are Big East school with 8+ wins and a bowl appearance each of the past three seasons, who also happen to be located right in his backyard.

Sorry did not meant o start a verbal war here...just expressing an opinion...

I'm a bit surprised no poster (including MV) has mentioned that he is from the same HS as Brent Singleton. I always love getting multiple kids from the same school, as you will have multiple recruiters in the ear of potential future studs from that school. No doubt Singleton helped in his recruitment, which also shows that at least one kid from Florida loves playing for the U and Brewster.

I don't worry a ton about OL in terms of offers, especially down in FL. The kid may not be a great SEC OL prospect but he seems like a B10 guard. If an OL has a good frame, nasty attitude, and some decent feet, he can be made into a good player. Out of all positions, you want your OL to have 2-3 years to develop before they hit the field anyway so you can take guys that have raw potential even if they're a bit unrefined

Oh and Marz is still in play, although I think we only take 1 more OL

Welcome Russell, I think you will make a great Big 10 offensive lineman. Bring that bad arse drive em into the ground attitude with you when you come up North to play!

Top Bottom