GopherPoints Rank Changes

go 31

Reaction score
Did others notice that your Gopher Points customer and seat rank improved today? My customer rank improved over 200. Was this due to recognition of non-renewing season ticketholders in the current calculation?

My percentile ranks went down a smidge. What I noticed is the number of season-ticket accounts dropped from about 3200 to 2883. ... that's about 320 customers (some with multiple seats) that didn't renew.

A bad year on the court, tough economic times and an impending premium seating program may not be a great combination. They need a good year this year. Let's hope.

I agree to a certain point BGA, but I would think the pending preferred seating (2012-13) shouldn't/didn't scare away too many people. The poor performance last year in combination with the economic times, yes, but not the preferred seating.

Why cancel this season when we can wait another season to make our decision? I'd lean toward seeing how things shake out this season, both on the court and with how my points stack up in relation to other season-ticket holders on December 31st. As Bud Grant always said, "Don't make a decision until you have to."

I think some people may have made a knee-jerk reaction (not renew for 2011-12) simply because they're ticked off about preferred seating. Why not wait until next March and see if we're ticked off at that point?

We don't know the change in the number of ticket holders. We know the number of people who didn't renew, but we don't know how many new ticket holders there are. Who knows if this is normal turnover or not?

Per Shooter: "The Gophers report more than a 90 percent renewal of their 9,000 men's basketball season tickets (not including students) and their 8,000 men's hockey season tickets (not including students). The same for Gophers football season tickets."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_18751202

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom