GopherLady's STrib blog: Horton did in 5 games, what Brew couldn't do in his tenure

At least Brew left us some pretty good players!

Another good read from GopherLady. Thanks, Nadine!!! Doc

I can't help but think the last two games are only going to help influence a coaching candidate in a positive way.

I can't help but think the last two games are only going to help influence a coaching candidate in a positive way.

I have to agree with that. Quite frankly - I thought Horton had to be a better coach than Brew, and when we lost to OSU, I was thinking...wow, maybe it's not the coaching, it's a talent issue (which is a lot more difficult to fix). But losing in contagious, just as winning is. It took a few games to get some chemistry going, but I have a lot more faith in our talent now. An candidate has to see that - new stadium, talent that beat a top 25 team, great city, great school, etc.

A copy of the coaches tape for the last two games ought to be in the "goody bag" we give the guys we're talking with, so they can see the cupboard is not empty.

The Gophers O-line & front seven both won their battles yesterday. It's been a long time since that happened against good competition; it says there's some good raw material there for the next coach to mold.

I'm very happy for the seniors. They've had a fairly miserable time of it on the field; for them to close the season with two wins - and especially to beat Iowa at home when the consensus was they had very little chance - gives them something great to remember.

And now the underclassmen have the opportunity to give their seniors - and themselves - a gift: embrace the challenge, go to work and create new memories so that, years from now, we can say "It all turned the last two games of 2010."

Oh yes - GO GET DAN MULLEN!!!

trophy

Actually, Horton did it in one game. It was first (and only) crack at a Trophy game for the Gophers.

Go Gophers.

Top Bottom