GopherHole's Sports Huddle Summary: Coach Jerry Kill -6/29/14

This was refreshing. You got the sense that he'll never take less than four and will take more if they're good.

I've really liked this recruting aspect with Kill. The staff doesn't feel that they need X O-lineman or Y DBs no matter what. They remain flexible and recruit players they feel can contribute. For the 2013 class, they probably took more D-lineman (4) and TEs (3) than they had planned on, and fewer DBs (2), but they weren't going to offer or not offer someone just to make a number.

If Epke is up to a good 305 #s that will be huge for us in stopping the run.

If him and Travis can step up and have breakout years that'd help big time in our D moving into elite territory this year.

Travis is huge, literally bigger than some of our LBs. Claeys said after spring practice that he would be starting if the season started now. If he can cover WRs, I'm in awe...

I've really liked this recruting aspect with Kill. The staff doesn't feel that they need X O-lineman or Y DBs no matter what. They remain flexible and recruit players they feel can contribute. For the 2013 class, they probably took more D-lineman (4) and TEs (3) than they had planned on, and fewer DBs (2), but they weren't going to offer or not offer someone just to make a number.

Red shirt these beef cakes with the idea of playing them their junior and senior years when they get bigger faster stronger. We can never have enough good O & D linemen.

This is reason to be really optimistic that the program is finally in place after four years under JK with the larder re-stocked... Just my humble thoughts.

Top Bottom