GopherHole Q&A: Tre Holloman Talks Gophers, Spartans and Recruiting

I'm going with the idea that Ben is selling the program really hard, but has said something along the lines of, "I understand your skepticism with signing here because I am a first year coach, if that is the case take your time and see how we play, compete and coach, then you can commit here."
The longer that Holloman, Payne, Carrington, Watson don't commit somewhere the better our chances are of landing them.
You might be right, but I'd say historically this has not proven to be the case. Seems the long drawn out recruitment of local players tends to end in heartbreak.

I'm going with the idea that Ben is selling the program really hard, but has said something along the lines of, "I understand your skepticism with signing here because I am a first year coach, if that is the case take your time and see how we play, compete and coach, then you can commit here."
The longer that Holloman, Payne, Carrington, Watson don't commit somewhere the better our chances are of landing them.
I hope you're right, but that has not been the case recently under the previous administration. If they didn't commit here quickly, they were gone. If Ben is confident enough in his ability to sell something on the court to skeptical recruits and their families, more power to him. Late commitments from quality local players is not something we have ever seen here as far as I can remember.

I would say Payne is the exception to that bc he said this is his dream school. With him the longer he goes uncommitted the lower our odds are

I would say Payne is the exception to that bc he said this is his dream school. With him the longer he goes uncommitted the lower our odds are
Did Payne say we were his dream school or one of his dream schools? There's a difference there, and I thought it was the latter although I could be mistaken.

There has already been a post that broke down the numbers for early vs late success rate for Minnesota. The later the commit the worse Minnesota does, so much so that it's virtually a lock that late commits go elsewhere. We can try to rationalize a positive possibility in our heads, but reality does not align with these rationalizations, unfortunately.

There has already been a post that broke down the numbers for early vs late success rate for Minnesota. The later the commit the worse Minnesota does, so much so that it's virtually a lock that late commits go elsewhere. We can try to rationalize a positive possibility in our heads, but reality does not align with these rationalizations, unfortunately.
Less than one-third of ESPN's top 100 recruits for 2022 have committed. The two kids from Minnesota who committed to schools had strong ties to those schools and coaches. Let's wait until the other guys commit. It's a big decision for the kids....let them take their time if they choose to do so.

Top Bottom