Gopherhole Administrators: May I ask...?

touchdownvikings

Reaction score
Would it materially help the finances of Gopherhole, if a contingent within your audience were to commit to clicking on 1 or 2 ads per day?

I'd be up for doing that, if I knew it would be meaningful to you. And I assume others would, too.

So, what's up? Would that be a help? It would be the least I could do.

Would it materially help the finances of Gopherhole, if a contingent within your audience were to commit to clicking on 1 or 2 ads per day?

I'd be up for doing that, if I knew it would be meaningful to you. And I assume others would, too.

So, what's up? Would that be a help? It would be the least I could do.

@touchdownvikings, thank you for asking. Early in the launch of sites like this (re: 15 or so years ago), clicking ads was a helpful driver of revenue, but that is no longer the case.

We will be announcing our first donation drive in 3 years in the next few days, and that is a great way to contribute for those so willing.

Thanks again for asking.

@touchdownvikings, thank you for asking. Early in the launch of sites like this (re: 15 or so years ago), clicking ads was a helpful driver of revenue, but that is no longer the case.

We will be announcing our first donation drive in 3 years in the next few days, and that is a great way to contribute for those so willing.

Thanks again for asking.
Got it. I'll stay tuned for that.

Thanks again for asking.
So is just displaying the ads the big revenue driver then? Seems like there have been a few stretches where the ads on the site were obnoxious (we are currently in one of those stretches). The constant ads that change at the bottom will often interrupt your typing mid post and cause you to have to click back into the reply box to keep typing (at least that happens to me).

Can make the site really tough to view on a mobile browser at times. Maybe those that are good with web settings can recommend browsers or settings to make the viewing experience more enjoyable. On chrome recently it has been rough.

So is just displaying the ads the big revenue driver then? Seems like there have been a few stretches where the ads on the site were obnoxious (we are currently in one of those stretches). The constant ads that change at the bottom will often interrupt your typing mid post and cause you to have to click back into the reply box to keep typing (at least that happens to me).

Can make the site really tough to view on a mobile browser at times. Maybe those that are good with web settings can recommend browsers or settings to make the viewing experience more enjoyable. On chrome recently it has been rough.
omg, this! I was actually planning to DM the mods about paying to get rid of ads, so I hope it's a benefit offered for donating during the fundraising drive this time.

omg, this! I was actually planning to DM the mods about paying to get rid of ads, so I hope it's a benefit offered for donating during the fundraising drive this time.
Glad to hear I am not the only one struggling with the ads.... :). I get that they are a necessary part of getting "free" access but they have gotten pretty obnoxious of late.

Thanks again for asking.

If you can include a Venmo (or a Zelle) option for the donation drive, I know I'd be much quicker and more frequent to donate, personally. I believe the previous one is through PayPal and I just don't have easy access to that anymore. Setting up a GoFundMe would be another easy way to get donations. Just my $0.02

The minimal donation is well worth it for ad suppression, but it’s just a good idea to indicate the value of the site and gratitude to those who provide content and keep it going.

Glad to hear I am not the only one struggling with the ads.... :). I get that they are a necessary part of getting "free" access but they have gotten pretty obnoxious of late.
I got one that invited me to sign Melania Trump’s virtual birthday card.

That was just weird…

I clicked on a ton of Ron DeSantis ads all summer long. I sure as hell didn't vote for the guy but was happy to drain his campaign funds to pay for GopherHole.

I clicked on a ton of Ron DeSantis ads all summer long. I sure as hell didn't vote for the guy but was happy to drain his campaign funds to pay for GopherHole.
From the looks of it you are one of the few who didn't vote for him

It’s 2022. How do you exist without adblocking on your computers and devices?

If you have an iPhone, a lifetime subscription to AdGuard Pro is less than $10.

Top Bottom