GopherGod the Tricky Troll

Reaction score
Last night at 8:48pm, someone named “ChrisDarkins” made his very 1st post on gopherhole. After welcoming Fisch, he raised 3 major “concerns” he had about Fisch and the new offense. You can read it here.
http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=2812

Last night at 11:19pm, GopherGod started a thread entitled “Goodbye Spread Offense” where he raised a number of “concerns” he had about Fisch and the new offense.
http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=2822

Now let’s compare ChrisDarkins with GopherGod:

“I am curious what negative impact this will have on the offense and the players who were recruited to run another offense(i.e. Marquis Gray)?”
- ChrisDarkins, Yesterday, 08:48 PM

“How do you think this will be received by the players who were recruited to run the spread such as Marquis Gray.”
-GopherGod, Yesterday, 11:19 PM

“If this was the guy that Brewster wanted all along and has faith in, then why was he not even included in the initial pool of candidates”
- ChrisDarkins, Yesterday, 08:48 PM

“I am concerned that Coach Fisch wasn't even a part of the initial group of candidates”
-GopherGod, Today, 01:20 AM

“We need someone who will give us a long term commitment and not have it be lip service.”
ChrisDarkins, Yesterday, 08:48 PM

“My concern is that he appears to be a guy that may not be here long.”
-GopherGod, Today, 01:20 AM

Very nicely documented! I only hope this will help others figure out more about this...well I won't say it, I will let others have their opinion. Pretty clear to me tho! Was Darkins a captain at anytime with the Gophers? GG sure is! :D

Dinkytowner:

Re: Chris Darkins and GopherGod:

Me thinks you have exposed a person who wants to try be more than one person. The similarities of the comments are too close to come from different people. Is this person one with multiple personalities, or just bi-polar and doesn't know who the hell he is himself?????

This seems to be the tact of another new comer/returnee as well. Wait for the threads with one chiming in to lend validity to the other. Seen it before.

LMAO...Nice work. GG's schtick is getting real old, real fast. BTW, ChrisDarkins shows up to defend himself and deny all connections with GG in 3, 2, 1...

Even the misspelling of Gray's first name was the same in both posts above. But that said, this is an unnecessary thread.

This seems to be the tact of another new comer/returnee as well. Wait for the threads with one chiming in to lend validity to the other. Seen it before.
And some were pretty blatant about it, like ZTA and Friend of ZTA. ;)

Last night at 8:48pm, someone named “ChrisDarkins” made his very 1st post on gopherhole. After welcoming Fisch, he raised 3 major “concerns” he had about Fisch and the new offense. You can read it here.
http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=2812

Last night at 11:19pm, GopherGod started a thread entitled “Goodbye Spread Offense” where he raised a number of “concerns” he had about Fisch and the new offense...

I don't know whats more asinine about this whole thing: you being so concerned with GopherGod's alleged self-plagiarism or your inability to acknowledge that Brewster's loss of his OC is problematic in failing to maintain any continuity in his program; his subsequent inability to attract much interest to the position is vexing; or that his subsequent hiring choice is questionable at best.

Further your lambasting of anybody who uses this board as an outlet to share concerns about this program or the set backs of this winter marks you much more of a troll than anything I have ever witnessed from GopherGod. If discussion is not to include the espousing of dissent or concern with the program what is the point of discussion boards? What are we left with but some pitiful self-indulgent kumbaya-singing-hand-holding-Maroon-n-Gold-clad circle-jerk?

Fisch is a shaky hire! System changes were largely used as an excuse for Brewster's first season's failings and now we are facing more systemic shifts? Not a good thing, and hardly invalid as a discussion topic, you hoser.

And before you accuse me of being some alter ego of GopherGod allow me to say I am very much my own person and know several of the longest active members by face as well as moniker.
2T-3DA-FBSPIN1_Minnesota1.gif

Everyone...calm....down...anyone who has had a discussion with GG should know how amussing this is. Nobody is trying to get him to leave personally I think as much as he frustrates the majority he adds a dimension that nobody else can. He is one of a kind. I just personally don't care for his style. If you're going to bash someone then when they don't do good then you should be a man and say good job. Every forum has a bad guy and yes as wierd as it is some people actually feel for them, myself I don't feel for GG cuz he seems to thrive off this type of stuff.

I don't know whats more asinine about this whole thing: you being so concerned with GopherGod's alleged self-plagiarism or your inability to acknowledge that Brewster's loss of his OC is problematic in failing to maintain any continuity in his program; his subsequent inability to attract much interest to the position is vexing; or that his subsequent hiring choice is questionable at best.

Further your lambasting of anybody who uses this board as an outlet to share concerns about this program or the set backs of this winter marks you much more of a troll than anything I have ever witnessed from GopherGod. If discussion is not to include the espousing of dissent or concern with the program what is the point of discussion boards? What are we left with but some pitiful self-indulgent kumbaya-singing-hand-holding-Maroon-n-Gold-clad circle-jerk?

Fisch is a shaky hire! System changes were largely used as an excuse for Brewster's first season's failings and now we are facing more systemic shifts? Not a good thing, and hardly invalid as a discussion topic, you hoser.

And before you accuse me of being some alter ego of GopherGod allow me to say I am very much my own person and know several of the longest active members by face as well as moniker.

you speak highly of yourself and seem to know alot

who the hell are you again?

Fisch a shaky hire???? Looking back at the Mason era he is far more qualified than anything we've ever had.

And if GG ever had one positive thing to say about the program it might be different, but he just comes on here to spread ill-will in hopes that other MORONS like you will start to feel the same way. Congratulations, does GG give you nice handies???

Perhaps the IP addresses can be looked at????

Regardless of the multiple identities, all three are valid concerns. The sadest thing about your post is ignoring the concerns and trying to shift the debate to identifing if the two posters are one in the same.

I'm not saying this is the end of existence as we know it, but given the blancmange we've been served the past two seasons, the questions are valid as they go to the heart of the issues that have been used as excuses for some pretty dismal performances by the team.

Fisch a shaky hire???? Looking back at the Mason era he is far more qualified than anything we've ever had.

And if GG ever had one positive thing to say about the program it might be different, but he just comes on here to spread ill-will in hopes that other MORONS like you will start to feel the same way. Congratulations, does GG give you nice handies???

I think you need to watch and think about what you post. I'm OK with the hire but, Fisch's on college experience was getting coffee for Steve Spurier. He was an assistant to an assistant in the majority of his pro jobs. Does this mean he can't coach? No. Will he get us to be a top 10 rushing team again? Get us to line-up against Michigan and know we can get 3 on 3rd and 3 or better yet convert more 3rd and 1's, that remains to be seen.

I don't want next years excuse to be we weren't very good because we changed systems, I want to win next year.

I don't want next years excuse to be we weren't very good because we changed systems, I want to win next year.

I think we are about all on board with that. I think the thing is that some are not thrilled with some of the things happening at this moment, staff wise.

That said, I could care less about the GG's being a supposed troll. whether anyone likes his delivery or not. "Some" of the points are valid and are good to debate on this board.

I am a long time Gopher fan and native of MN myself, and do see things from a positive (maroon and gold) glasses. I also believe much of what Brewster has brought to MN are things that the state desperately needed, though maybe has not fully understood.

However, I do not feel threatened by GG and have no problem standing for my persepctive even if it is not the mainstream thought. On Purple thoughts, there are others who play the same role, always gravitating toward the negative.

Posters like GG force me to have to better articulate my own position. To often the depth of debate is "that player sucks" or is "awesome" and do not believe different or you are clueless! Wow, such depth of thought! I cannot tell you what that does for me...really!

BTW - I have heard it said if two people agree on everything, one is not needed.

Quote: "Posters like GG force me to have to better articulate my own position. To often the depth of debate is "that player sucks" or is "awesome" and do not believe different or you are clueless! Wow, such depth of thought! I cannot tell you what that does for me...really!"

Bullsh*t! Posters like GG are a dime a dozen and they say nothing that hasn't already been said hundreds (if not thousands) of times previously. It is not enough that GG says the exact same thing everyday in multiple posts in multiple threads. But now he is apparently doing it using multiple identities. You guys that enjoy reading and debating the same exact issues every day must have an extremely high boredom threshhold. I think most Brewster supporters are willing to stipulate to the following:

1. Brewster is not who many people wanted Maturi to hire - there were better coaches available.

2. The new offensive and defensive coordinators are not who most of us wanted Brewster to hire - there were better coaches available.

3. Although the Gophers improved last season, the way they played in the last six games was extremely disappointing.

4. This years recruiting class is not as good as most of us expected.

5. Brewster is no longer entitled to any excuses for the team's performance. The only thing that matters in the future is wins and losses.

Now can we all move on to talking about what will be the most exiting Gopher football season since 1967?

I think you need to watch and think about what you post. I'm OK with the hire but, Fisch's on college experience was getting coffee for Steve Spurier. He was an assistant to an assistant in the majority of his pro jobs. Does this mean he can't coach? No. Will he get us to be a top 10 rushing team again? Get us to line-up against Michigan and know we can get 3 on 3rd and 3 or better yet convert more 3rd and 1's, that remains to be seen.

Hey its Nemo, GG's negative tag along. "I think you need to watch and think about what you post" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahah, God you are such a moron!!!!!!!!! I hope you hate yourself because I imagine your a complete tool!!! Thanks for the tip little buddy, I'll make sure I really "watch" what I post. God you really are a moron.

I don't think Brewster gives a crap if any of us like his staff. As long as he likes it and has confidence in it is all he cares about. He wants to win and if he does then most of us will be happy and some will have to find something else to bitch about.If he doesn't win then people can say we told you so. We will know by Dec. of 2010.

Hey its Nemo, GG's negative tag along. "I think you need to watch and think about what you post" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahah, God you are such a moron!!!!!!!!! I hope you hate yourself because I imagine your a complete tool!!! Thanks for the tip little buddy, I'll make sure I really "watch" what I post. God you really are a moron.

Yikes...rubber and glue me thinks.

"I am a first time poster and longtime reader."
-ChrisDarkins, 02-06-2009, 08:48 PM

First time, huh? Lying trolls are so much better than regular trolls.

I don't need GopherGod to see serious problems in Brewster's Camelot. Retention of coordinators was a major problem in this program before Brewster, and it is clearly a continuing issue.

I am no Kool-aid drinker. I am not a blind supporter of this coach, and never will be. This is a football program, not a radical religious cult, and I refuse to check my brain at the door. Brewster was struggling to fill the OC slot and Fisch was clearly settled for. In what manner is he better than his predecessors? He came with neither the experience of Browning nor Dunbar. Can he succeed? Sure there is chance that any of us might succeed, but this is hardly a solid hire, and ridiculing people who attempt to discuss such a major concern for the future of Gopher football on a Gopher football discussion board is a waste of space. If you don't want to entertain such discourse about this program why are you reading this? We have hardly reached a point where Brewster's "GopherNation" is in any shape to sit around and be self-congratulatory.

ridiculing people who attempt to discuss such a major concern for the future of Gopher football on a Gopher football discussion board is a waste of space.

Nobody is ridiculing people who have concerns and want to discuss them.

Deceitful trolls with an agenda who copy/paste the same tired stuff over and over is the issue.

Nobody is ridiculing people who have concerns and want to discuss them.

Deceitful trolls with an agenda who copy/paste the same tired stuff over and over is the issue.
Well put, agree 100%.

Real mature. What was negative in the post, only true statements. I want the Gophers to win just as bad as you It's too bad there are some people that can't handle realistic views. I agree with some views and disagree with some. It's a message board, if you don't like it don't read it.

Brews not perfect, I'm not perfect. Minor example, do you know that Brew sent out a mailing to every coach in the state for the coaches clinic that the U staff holds in conjunction with the MSHSFBCA with the WRONG date on it.

If we're not 6-6 next year you'll probably be the first calling for his head.

I agree with some views and disagree with some. It's a message board

Yes, debate is welcome on message boards.

This thread, however, was dedicated to GopherGod's Tricky Troll behavior of copy/pasting the same stuff over and over.

"I am a first time poster and longtime reader."
-ChrisDarkins, 02-06-2009, 08:48 PM
(aka GopherGod)

First time, huh? Lying trolls are so much better than regular trolls.

Yes, debate is welcome on message boards.

This thread, however, was dedicated to GopherGod's Tricky Troll behavior of copy/pasting the same stuff over and over.

Sounds good, was just trying to correct a statement that wasn't on that topic, sorry.

I don't need GopherGod to see serious problems in Brewster's Camelot. Retention of coordinators was a major problem in this program before Brewster, and it is clearly a continuing issue.

I am no Kool-aid drinker. I am not a blind supporter of this coach, and never will be. This is a football program, not a radical religious cult, and I refuse to check my brain at the door. Brewster was struggling to fill the OC slot and Fisch was clearly settled for. In what manner is he better than his predecessors? He came with neither the experience of Browning nor Dunbar. Can he succeed? Sure there is chance that any of us might succeed, but this is hardly a solid hire, and ridiculing people who attempt to discuss such a major concern for the future of Gopher football on a Gopher football discussion board is a waste of space. If you don't want to entertain such discourse about this program why are you reading this? We have hardly reached a point where Brewster's "GopherNation" is in any shape to sit around and be self-congratulatory.

One nit with this preoccupation with resumes, like anything one can't evaluate whether or not a hire was solid or not until the rubber hits the road. In other words, regardless of who Brewster hired as OC (or DC), we won't know what we have until the first game. I seem to get the impression people feel that there are great coordinators standing around waiting for us to hire them. If this were true, can someone explain to me how a DC that had the 81st ranked defense last year got hired at $600,000 per year?

Also, as a complete aside, looking at Chaney (sp?)'s resume and what he is getting paid next year (I believe less than what Fisch will be making), I don't think Brewster offered him the job. Which would raise an interesting question, who was the "kill shot"?

Also, as a complete aside, looking at Chaney (sp?)'s resume and what he is getting paid next year (I believe less than what Fisch will be making), I don't think Brewster offered him the job. Which would raise an interesting question, who was the "kill shot"?

These are all legitimate questions. If I was Tricky Troll like GopherGod, I would simply create another account by the name of ChrisDarkins, lie and say I was a "first time poster", then copy/paste all my standard "concerns" about Brewster and the direction of the program. Rinse, repeat.

"I am not a blind supporter of this coach...."

Just read your posts and that's a very true statement. They make you seem more like a blind hater of the coach.

Quote: "Posters like GG force me to have to better articulate my own position. To often the depth of debate is "that player sucks" or is "awesome" and do not believe different or you are clueless! Wow, such depth of thought! I cannot tell you what that does for me...really!"

Bullsh*t! Posters like GG are a dime a dozen and they say nothing that hasn't already been said hundreds (if not thousands) of times previously. It is not enough that GG says the exact same thing everyday in multiple posts in multiple threads. But now he is apparently doing it using multiple identities. You guys that enjoy reading and debating the same exact issues every day must have an extremely high boredom threshhold. I think most Brewster supporters are willing to stipulate to the following:

1. Brewster is not who many people wanted Maturi to hire - there were better coaches available.

2. The new offensive and defensive coordinators are not who most of us wanted Brewster to hire - there were better coaches available.

3. Although the Gophers improved last season, the way they played in the last six games was extremely disappointing.

4. This years recruiting class is not as good as most of us expected.

5. Brewster is no longer entitled to any excuses for the team's performance. The only thing that matters in the future is wins and losses.

Now can we all move on to talking about what will be the most exiting Gopher football season since 1967?

Right....

First off, my main point was I would rather have someone articulate something, even if it is in the negative than to simply post this person sucks or some other absolutely worthless statement and then slam anyone who dares to have a different opinion or show any sort of depth of thought or rationality.

As for the rest of the post, I do expect them to take the next step, and my belief is that the next step will be at least 8 - 9 wins and competitive in each game...no more blow outs. Otherwise, I am fine waiting until the 2010-2011 for a BCS bowl bid!

Though there was disappointments this year in the recruiting (Lewan being one), at the same time I am not nearly as down on it as some and think there will continue to be a continued improvement in the overall team play.

As for other more qualified coaches, I am not someone really hung up on Brewster's pre HC resume not having co-ordinator on it. I think he learned from some outstanding coaches and they gave him a huge nod of approval. That is all right with me.

Along with that, Brewster's tireless positive attitude is something the U needed far more then anything else to combat the years of degradation the school has had to endure in order to get it to being a respected football power. Personally, though I am disappointed with the second half of the season last year, I can see how Brew has addressed the main issues with a good reason to believe he will be able to do more in the next couple of years.

As for the GG being a repetitive troll, I am really not that concerned about it. I have seen far worse writing articles for the StarTrib and SPPP, or heard them on KFan!

Finally, if he is a troll, he probably is loving this entire thread, so congratulations on feeding his ego, because ultimately that is all you have done!

Top Bottom