Gopher WBB 2023-2024

Does anyone know if Hottinger is even considering Minnesota?

Any news on these girls with the coaching change?
From what I understand, the only one they have lost is Dominika Paurova. I saw a twitter announcement from her high school team that MN had granted her release from her NLI and she had reopened her recruitment.

Last edited:

Video clip interview of Ajok Madol playing at the Biosteel All-Canadian Basketball Game. She's from Archbishop M.C O'Neill Catholic High School in Canada.

Interviewer: You have a team high 11 points. What's cookin' for you?

Madol: Everything's flowing pretty well. I'm playing with a lot of confidence this year. I think that's what's going on.

Interviewer: You're here with all these Canadian women, some of the best in Canada. How does it feel to be playing with these women?

Madol: It's an honor to be named top-24 in Canada. It's always been a dream of mine since I started taking basketball seriously, beginning of high school, so it's always an honor being here.

1680484704913.png1680484938126.png

It's hard to know much about the level of competition. From what we've heard before, she seems to have a great sense of leadership and character, and she's still a bit new to basketball. She may need some time and coaching and then could be a terrific surprise, wild guess.

Sky Smith on Twitter praised three players by name and Madol was one of them.

Video clip interview of Ajok Madol playing at the Biosteel All-Canadian Basketball Game. She's from Archbishop M.C O'Neill Catholic High School in Canada.

Interviewer: You have a team high 11 points. What's cookin' for you?

Madol: Everything's flowing pretty well. I'm playing with a lot of confidence this year. I think that's what's going on.

Interviewer: You're here with all these Canadian women, some of the best in Canada. How does it feel to be playing with these women?

Madol: It's an honor to be named top-24 in Canada. It's always been a dream of mine since I started taking basketball seriously, beginning of high school, so it's always an honor being here.

View attachment 24915View attachment 24918

It's hard to know much about the level of competition. From what we've heard before, she seems to have a great sense of leadership and character, and she's still a bit new to basketball. She may need some time and coaching and then could be a terrific surprise, wild guess.

Sky Smith on Twitter praised three players by name and Madol was one of them.

Madol must be super talented player to be a top 24 player in Canada for under 18. Looking forward to seeing her play this fall for the Gophers.

Ok Coach Ps other WV recruit retweeted the new coach hire there, so I’m going to say she is staying committed there. So she is off my radar.

Matt Wilke officially announced on her social media she is transferring. Does anyone know if Minnesota is of interest.

Hottinger….Anyone know if she is interested in Minnesota?

Kramer?

Other options?

Basically I am over talking about the NC game and want to start getting excited for next year.

Ok Coach Ps other WV recruit retweeted the new coach hire there, so I’m going to say she is staying committed there. So she is off my radar.

Matt Wilke officially announced on her social media she is transferring. Does anyone know if Minnesota is of interest.

Kramer?

Other options?

Basically I am over talking about the NC game and want to start getting excited for next year.
I did see something on another site that suggested that Wilke is coming to Minnesota from Wisconsin.

Kramer?

Other options?

Here is what is known about portal kids.

-Gophers are interested in Wilke. There is mutual interest but (at least to my last update) she has not visited campus as of yet but likely will

-Light interest in Kramer. As in initial talks but sounds like more interested Wilke over Kramer.

-HEAVILY interesting and going hard after Hottinger. Have not been able to confirm one way or the other if a visit has or will be occurring soon.

-Gophers are extremely interested in Lexi Donarski and a visit either has occurred or will be occurring from her however they is a thought they don't have a great chance at her and thinking she will end up at a Notre Dame or UCLA type school.

Other names have not been able to be confirmed by sources to me yet.

I did see something on another site that suggested that Wilke is coming to Minnesota from Wisconsin.
I would think it wouldn't be a huge surprise as I believe Maty Wilke played with Mara Braun on the North Tartan AAU team. I saw a post that they were both seen together at a North Tartan practice two weekends ago. So, I would assume they are talking. Not to mention, there would be that instant chemistry between the two having played together.

Not bad stats for her one year starting for Badgers:

North Tartan twitter:

Scroll down to see tweet on 3/26 - three days later she was in the portal.

Last edited:

Time to reunite North Tartan backcourt of Wilke and Braun!

WV is down to 5 players I wonder if JJ Quinerly will leave

Here is what is known about portal kids.

-Gophers are interested in Wilke. There is mutual interest but (at least to my last update) she has not visited campus as of yet but likely will

-Light interest in Kramer. As in initial talks but sounds like more interested Wilke over Kramer.

-HEAVILY interesting and going hard after Hottinger. Have not been able to confirm one way or the other if a visit has or will be occurring soon.

-Gophers are extremely interested in Lexi Donarski and a visit either has occurred or will be occurring from her however they is a thought they don't have a great chance at her and thinking she will end up at a Notre Dame or UCLA type school.

Other names have not been able to be confirmed by sources to me yet.
Funny because this is how I feel personally about all the transfers. Would I love Donarski…yes, but I have thought it was a reach.

I would want Wilke over Kramer.

Wilke is visiting Friday. Hopefully Coach P can lock her up before she leaves!
I think I read someone post on the Wisconsin message board that Marquette is also in the running for Maty. I wonder if Coach Duffy is still being pursued by any other schools.

I think I read someone post on the Wisconsin message board that Marquette is also in the running for Maty. I wonder if Coach Duffy is still being pursued by any other schools.
I heard the same, maybe the uncertainty with Duffy will deter transfers. She is mentioned for every opening around the country

Wilke is reportedly looking at a top four.

Gophers
Utah
Marquette
and an unconfirmed fourth one.

Don't hold your breath as Gophers are not the favorites (from what I heard)

Wilke is reportedly looking at a top four.

Gophers
Utah
Marquette
and an unconfirmed fourth one.

Don't hold your breath as Gophers are not the favorites (from what I heard)
Can we pass the hat, and come up with the some NIL money for Wilke and the current Gophers. I'm ready to kick in a check, I don't trust DT athletes but if the Women's WBB has a collective I will send something. I would be more comfortable donating to the booster club for NIL for WBB than doing anything with outside entity. I want to ensure that money will be used for WBB players.

Last edited:

Incoming freshman Kennedy Klick is usually called a "combo guard."

Here today she is called a point guard. That would be great for the Gophers if she could play point guard. She could rotate with Amaya Battle.

And Klick was named MVP of MGBCA All-Star Series today.

All three of the other incoming freshmen are wings/small forward types.

Top Bottom