Gopher WBB 2023-2024

Belzx009

Reaction score
Ok I’m still hoping for a little more of this season in the Big Ten tournament, but I also want to start getting excited for next season. I truly believe if the current freshman improve and the Gophers can get good contributions from next years freshman and transfers they have a legit chance at the tournament. My reason for starting this however is to have a place to talk about potential grad transfers as seasons start to finish.

Does anyone know if Frannie Hottinger is planning on doing a 5th year?

Ok I’m still hoping for a little more of this season in the Big Ten tournament, but I also want to start getting excited for next season. I truly believe if the current freshman improve and the Gophers can get good contributions from next years freshman and transfers they have a legit chance at the tournament. My reason for starting this however is to have a place to talk about potential grad transfers as seasons start to finish.

Does anyone know if Frannie Hottinger is planning on doing a 5th year?
She would be good for the Gophers as a grad transfer. Against the Gophers early in the season she is was outstanding

I’m sad. So I’m back in this thread. Anyone have any ideas (wishes) of a grad transfer? It seems a lot of people want a PG who will not turn it over as much. However I think the two the gophers have will be a lot better as the will be stronger. Any good guards that would be good targets?

Any chance Katie’s older sister spends her senior season with the Gophers? That could be fun.

I’m sad. So I’m back in this thread. Anyone have any ideas (wishes) of a grad transfer? It seems a lot of people want a PG who will not turn it over as much. However I think the two the gophers have will be a lot better as the will be stronger. Any good guards that would be good targets?
This might be out of left field, but the Ivy League has produced some high-class Power 5 guards as of late. The Gophers have faced 3 such transfers of note in Katie Benzan (Harvard) and Abby Meyers (Princeton) to Maryland, and Carlie Littlefield (Princeton) to UNC. They’ve excelled/are excelling at this level. The common theme is the on-court IQ (probably stemming from off-court IQ) and poise they’ve brought to their graduate teams. While not a guard, we saw LBK (Cornell) bring a similar steadiness to an otherwise unsteady 21-22 campaign.

Kayla Padilla (Penn) is a high-scoring solid combo guard a lá Mara Braun. Reigning POY, I’d expect her to get snapped up shortly after her season ends.

Carly Rivera (Columbia) is more of a true PG with a 2.7 A/T ratio, not sure if she has officially entered the portal. Played alongside Azzi Fudd in high school but not sure if athletically she is Power 5.

Abby Hsu (Columbia) another high-impact combo guard with great length. First-Team All-Ivy.

March 14 - May 12 is the window for entering the portal and getting the one-time transfer exception. Should be an interesting couple of months.

Ok can we start putting together what we know for the roster?

Braun
Battle
Heyer
Holloway
Czinano
Zie
Hart
Klick

Dahlan ?
Madol?

Senden?
Ratzlaff ?
Counts?

I think you can probably take the question marks away from Dahlen and Madol. I think we would have heard by now if they weren’t coming.

I think you can probably take the question marks away from Dahlen and Madol. I think we would have heard by now if they weren’t coming.
I would think they would want a landing spot before asking out.

Starting line up should be Fab 4 and Hart. Please disregard previous post. My phone is acting strange.

Starting line up should be Fab 4 and Hart. Please disregard previous post. My phone is acting strange.
I say it depends on who we get in the portal.. but I for sure say Mal, Amaya, Mara, Sophie should start as of now.

If the question marks are removed from Dahlan and Madol how many available scholarships are there?

Has anyone seen Holloway play in hs? What kind of a player is she?

The Gophers will get transfers that will help the team immediately.

Has anyone seen Holloway play in hs? What kind of a player is she?

Good rebounding, good close shooting as a power forward. Worked on distance shooting senior year but wasn't accurate at it (yet). Was a track star too.

Will KyahWatson follow coach after apparently following her from South Dakota to West VA?

Good rebounding, good close shooting as a power forward. Worked on distance shooting senior year but wasn't accurate at it (yet). Was a track star too.
Super athletic, participated and placed in MSHL 3A Track and Field championships in 4 events her senior year:

High Jump: 2x State Champ (including senior year)
4x200m Relay: 3rd (Senior year)
4x400m Relay: 3rd (Senior year)
Shot Put: 9th, 11.48m (37-2 1/4) (Personal Record and Senior Year)

I would love to see how close she could get to dunking.

Super athletic, participated and placed in MSHL 3A Track and Field championships in 4 events her senior year:

High Jump: 2x State Champ (including senior year)
4x200m Relay: 3rd (Senior year)
4x400m Relay: 3rd (Senior year)
Shot Put: 9th, 11.48m (37-2 1/4) (Personal Record and Senior Year)

I would love to see how close she could get to dunking.
I’m guessing that’s a rare combo, high jump, sprints, and shot. All top 10 in state. Super athletic indeed.

Nia Holloway high school video. That feels so long ago.

Read somewhere that the walk-ons won't be back next season. Will be interesting to see how that plays out and which walk-ons will be on the team.

darn I enjoyed the walk ons when they were on Banhams podcast.

Ok all the coaches are announced. They have their first commitment. I see the other 4 scholarships being filled relatively soon. I don’t think it will drag all summer like they did last year. Excited to see what the whole team is going to look like.

Top Bottom