Gopher Watch: The 2022 NFL Draft!

hungan1

Reaction score
Today, the NFL Draft Round 1 is on ABC, ESPN, and NFL Network. It starts at 8:00 PM.

Will we hear Boye Mafe's name called today? I can't wait!

Rounds 2 and 3 are tomorrow at 7:00 PM.

Good luck to all the Gopher NFL prospects!

Last edited:

Moderator, please merge this thread with “The Official” one.

Through 10 picks, are any mocks correct?

And people obsess about mock drafts for months.

Vikings obsession with making mid to low picks is getting absurd ….

Wow, did the Vikings ever fck up that trade!

Viking give Detroit:
pick Value
12 1200
46 440
total 1640

Detroit give Vikings
pick Value
32 590
34 560
66 146
total 1296

That is like giving them pick number 56 for free!

Viking give Detroit:
pick Value
12 1200
46 440
total 1640

Detroit give Vikings
pick Value
32 590
34 560
66 146
total 1296

Shocking move from a “new” front office…

This is like Rick, but worse.

Viking give Detroit:
pick Value
12 1200
46 440
total 1640

Detroit give Vikings
pick Value
32 590
34 560
66 146
total 1296

Funny. The national announcers couldn't stop talking about how Detroit gave up too much.

I’m very disappointed in the Vikes. I was hoping the days of mediocre drafts were over. But the new GM comes back with one of the worst draft trades ever. It would have been a poor trade with number 12 for 32 and 34, but adding in the 46 for 66 makes it bad, plus giving a division rival a second top 12 pick makes it terrible. The Vikes are now the worst franchise in the division.

Funny. The national announcers couldn't stop talking about how Detroit gave up too much.
I think they were talking about using the 12th pick on that player. They thought he would be around much later.

The chances of Boye Mafe staying home for the Vikings went from very low to quite good with that trade. 32 or 34 could be good spots for him, and EDGE is a need for the purple.

Same “fan” Experts. Geezus.

This draft I like this trade more because of a lot of depth making it likely to get starters through the 3rd round.

No gophs in the first round, but hopefully 2 in the next round

Well, it's off to the 2nd and 3rd Rounds.

The Athletic seems to love the Vikes pick:

"Cine is a tough, physical safety who plays with tremendous energy. He committed just one penalty all of last season, per Brugler. He tested as a top-three athlete among this year’s safety class. And Cine didn’t miss a game in the past three seasons.

I love what Vikings GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah did here. He read the market well, picked up additional draft capital and got one of my favorite defensive players in this year’s draft."

The Athletic seems to love the Vikes pick:

"Cine is a tough, physical safety who plays with tremendous energy. He committed just one penalty all of last season, per Brugler. He tested as a top-three athlete among this year’s safety class. And Cine didn’t miss a game in the past three seasons.

I love what Vikings GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah did here. He read the market well, picked up additional draft capital and got one of my favorite defensive players in this year’s draft."
Like Cine, hate the decision to move down to 32.

This the way I look at it. There’s more than 32 good players in this deep draft.

The #12 pick swapped for #32 and #34 is like two first round picks. The Vikes got away with paying a little less for what is essentially a second first round pick.

The confusion among the "experts" on this board and online and on TV and NFL GMs about the quality of players that have played for some years in the NFL or played for years on a Power 5 team shows what folly it is to try to quantitate a 17 or 18-year-old playing high school football.

Top Bottom