Gopher Volleyball 2022 Season

CC McGraw, a 2018 Prior Lake High School graduate, finished her career at the University of Minnesota third all-time in kills with 1,924.

Her list of accomplishments is long to also include:
  • 133 career matches played, which is No. 18 all-time for the Gophers.
  • Academic All-Big Ten four times (2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022).
  • Twice named All-Big Ten first team (2019 and 2021), and once second team (2022).
  • Twice earning All-America Honorable Mention honors (2019 and 2021).
  • Four Times named All-North Region (2019, 2020-21, 2021 and 2022).
  • Three times named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week.
  • Big Ten Distinguished Scholar (2021-22).
  • Preseason All-Big Ten (2022).
  • Volleyball Magazine Fourth Team All-American (2021).
McGraw also had the honor as one of 28 players selected for the USA Volleyball's Women's Collegiate National Team in 2020. In the summer of 2019, she was also part of USA Volleyball as a member of the Collegiate National Team that competed against Japan.

I have been reading one of the threads on Volleytalk Proboards. It is the up and coming VNL Roster for the USA. Their matches start on May 31st and are available to stream on volleyballworld.tv. The cost is $7.99 a month and there are no contracts. Simply cancel before your next payment is due.

Our SS has made the team roster, but I sadly report that there is a lot of speculation on Volleyball fans as to why she is on the roster. She didn't play much at all for the Championship Women's Team in the Italian League, Cognolieano. Her fellow USA players were Kathryn Plummer, Jordan Larson and Kelsey Cook (Robinson). For those of you not all that familiar with these players, Plummer played for Stanford and was a complete thorn in our side. Larson and Cook both played for Nebraska, but on completely different rosters.

Some fans are saying that she doesn't fit in with the European style of volleyball and just struggles OOS. I find this so interesting because while she was our OPP for 5 years here at Minnesota, her stats came from her accomplishments, while playing OOS volleyball most of those years.

Anyway, I plan on watching these matches for three weeks into the beginning of July. Here's hoping Samedy can improve her game while on the USA Women's Volleybal Roster.

U.S. Women’s Schedule for the 2023 VNL
All matches will be broadcast on volleyballworld.tv

Week 1 (all times PT) at Antalya, Türkiye
May 31 at 7 a.m. USA vs Serbia
June 2 at 10 a.m. USA vs Italy
June 3 at 7 a.m. USA vs Korea
June 4 at 10 a.m. USA vs Türkiye

Week 2 at Brasilia, Brazil
June 13 at 1:30 p.m. USA vs Croatia
June 15 at 10 a.m. USA vs Thailand
June 17 at 1:30 p.m. USA vs Japan
June 18 at 6 a.m. USA vs Brazil