Gopher Volleyball 2022 Season

They have to find some new pxp person for the next match because I can't with this guy. I love hearing Meredith's insights into the game, but I'm watching the rest of the match on mute.
Yeah he was ridiculous.

Every play was the best thing he had seen in his life.

Northern Iowa takes out Florida State, any surprise there?

I’m sure they’ll put up a strong fight, but would be nice to sweep them regardless.

Then off to Austin!

Northern Iowa takes out Florida State, any surprise there?

I’m sure they’ll put up a strong fight, but would be nice to sweep them regardless.

Then off to Austin!
You have to look at the ACC and say what happened? Miami, Georgia Tech and Florida State all seeded teams losing, at least GT made it to the second round. I think the surprise has to be the Big 12.

Nice night to spread the offense around. Shaffmaster with some of her coolest kills of the season; her best one, after a scramble, was wiped out because the ball was down early in the rally.

Before heading off to the Pav, I caught UNI's comeback win in the first set; Floridia State must not have recovered.

As long as I have been a season ticket holder and following volleyball, Friday nights have not been out best ever. We usually are very slow in "GETTING OUT OF THE GATE" as some might say. Same held true last night.

FIrst two sets were again tough to follow and watch as a Gopher fan, but SE brought their AAA+ game to the tournament. Good for them and a very nice showing for that program.

I want to see tonight us take CONTROL of a match like we did in the third set last night......instead of having our opponents "dictate" the match, which is what we experienced in the first two sets.

UNI will be bringing the heat tonight. Everybody plays the Gophers tough because we allow them to. Opponents slow our game down and we become vulnerable.

Hoping for another Sweet Sixteen appearance this season. Go Gophers!!

Just a reminder. Anyone with a ticket to the volleyball game can walk over to the Big Ten Women's Basketball opener at Williams Arena for FREE after Saturday's match concludes. Minnesota Women's Basketball takes on Penn State at 7:30 PM.

Yep, future seems bleak. What coach would possibly want to come here and take over this ship??
I begin to wonder, how much the U is putting forth an effort in their search. Houk is interim coach after the Gophers final match of 2022 and both 2023 recruits are scheduled to arrive in January.

Therefore, I just believe Coyle will hire Matt Houk. If I am right, I for one will be very disappointed. My big question is why couldn't this program keep those DS/L recruits/player (4 total) interested in playing here? Is that a reflection on the coaching staff or not?

I begin to wonder, how much the U is putting forth an effort in their search. Houk is interim coach after the Gophers final match of 2022 and both 2023 recruits are scheduled to arrive in January.

Therefore, I just believe Coyle will hire Matt Houk. If I am right, I for one will be very disappointed. My big question is why couldn't this program keep those DS/L recruits/player (4 total) interested in playing here? Is that a reflection on the coaching staff or not?
Other than the Creighton coach, I would guess that the prime suspects are still coaching in the tournament.

They have to find some new pxp person for the next match because I can't with this guy. I love hearing Meredith's insights into the game, but I'm watching the rest of the match on mute.
Emma doing tonights pxp they switched between matches last night

Of the top 16 seeds, 14 have won, and Oregon is up two-to-one in sets. Only Creighton lost. It looks like we'll have three regionals with 1-2-3-4 seeds, and one regional with 1-2-3-5 seeds.

UNI started off doing a nice job with their shot placement but it looked like we really tightened up our blocking and then just wore them down.
Yes, the Gopher block led by Booth stifled the Panthers. If they didn't hit into it, they hit over it out of bounds. Booth had 11 blocks while Wenaasa and Landfair each had 5. Like last night, the Gopher offense was spread around.

Yes, the Gopher block led by Booth stifled the Panthers. If they didn't hit into it, they hit over it out of bounds. Booth had 11 blocks while Wenaasa and Landfair each had 5. Like last night, the Gopher offense was spread around.
In all fairness to UNI, teams in their conference and some others just don't play competition with the height the Gophers have at the net. Setting and hitting needs to adjust and they couldn't. Now play us again and you will probably see a different UNI team.

Tough, tough, tough draw for the Gophers and potentially from here on out the TOUGHEST PATH TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP (Ohio State-Texas-Stanford or San Diego). I swear every post season we have either Texas or Stanford or both in the same region or same side of the 64-team bracket.

In the next round, it will be the third time we play Ohio State this year. We are playing much better all around volleyball. So, hopefully, we will come out with the win in 3 sets and advance to the following round vs. #1 Texas, who should beat Marquette.

Right now, many are saying we are the only team capable of beating Texas. Let's hope it does come to that and we get THE BIG WIN and move onto the Final Four. GO GOPHERS!!

You have to look at the ACC and say what happened? Miami, Georgia Tech and Florida State all seeded teams losing, at least GT made it to the second round. I think the surprise has to be the Big 12.
The SEC looked cute for a hot second, as well.

But then back to reality. LOL

Literally, Creighton is the only top 4 seed in the tournament that lost and did not make it to the Sweet Sixteen. And in their place, #5 Houston made it.

Chalk, chalk, chalk

Choboy would've left regardless. I'm convinced. She always wanted Nebraska and they suddenly had a full (4-year) scholarship to offer.

I think Hugh likely has a hand in naming his replacement. Would not be surprised if he cut a deal with Coyle like that.

I have no idea whether to be "dissapointed" in it being Houk or not.

Who would you like to get, and how much would you be willing to offer? Pitt head coach is one I've seen bandied about. Have no idea if he is interested at all. They are building a beautiful brand new trainging facility and arena that vball will be the featured team in, I believe scheduled to open in a couple years. Guessing he is feeling pretty good about what he has done there.

UNI started off doing a nice job with their shot placement but it looked like we really tightened up our blocking and then just wore them down.
Their one tall pin hitter is really nice. Not sure if she has eligibility left, but wouldn't be surprised if she upgraded programs in the portal.

Gopher beat OSU in four and then loses to Texas in five? If by some miracle they make it past Texas, IMO they're gonna win the national championship. I know living in Minnesota my whole life to never get my hopes up, but there's just something about this team.

Gopher beat OSU in four and then loses to Texas in five? If by some miracle they make it past Texas, IMO they're gonna win the national championship. I know living in Minnesota my whole life to never get my hopes up, but there's just something about this team.
Bolded: Stanford has been Gopher kryptonite.

It's so easy to feel excited about the Gophers' turnaround since mid-season. The talent's there, but it's so hard to speculate beyond the next step. Let's hope for a great things!

Sweet 16 set for 11:00 on Thursday. Create your fake meetings now!

What kind of crazy scheduling is this and we get to have the honors? What team is ready to play volleyball on a Thursday morning at 11 AM?

What kind of crazy scheduling is this and we get to have the honors? What team is ready to play volleyball on a Thursday morning at 11 AM?
Well, let's hope it's not Ohio State. I think they're playing at the same 11:00 a.m. time.

I don't see Stanford making it that far... we'll see
Michella Chester's re-ranking has them dropped down to 6 (below #5 OSU and #4 us, ahead of Pitt and Nebraska)

Edit: I missed that they're still her pick to make it to Omaha from the bottom-left region

Here's a question for y'all... how do you think Minnesota would do if we abandoned our signature 'fast offense'? We have some of the best pins in the game, perhaps a less aggressive, slowed down, high hands / gap -based approach would suit us better. Don't get me wrong—I love the game we play—but it feels like it may be a better fit for a team that specializes more in the back row.

Top Bottom