Gopher Volleyball 2019

You gotta give Plumford credit. They took out the Big Ten's Penn State, Minnesota, and Wisconsin in nine straight sets. Congrats!
Haha! Plumford. That's awesome.

But to be fully honest, I think Hentz was just as important.

Plummer and Hentz were women amongst girls in these semifinals. It is notable that it seems of PSU, Minn, and Wisc, Minn played Stanford the closest overall (-14). Gophers should be in a position to bring a top tier squad again next year. They need Samedy to play like Plummer, though, to win it all.
What they need is for this coming class to be like Stanford's senior class has been the past four years.

That's what we need! :D

I wish.

Just don't think it's gonna happen. They have too much. Haggarty, Retke, Hilley, Clark ... too much.

But Stanford is definitely the team that could take them out. That's for sure.
And I was completely and totally wrong on this.

Not a team in the country could beat Stanford as they existed at the end of the season. Not a single team could come close.

And I was completely and totally wrong on this.

Not a team in the country could beat Stanford as they existed at the end of the season. Not a single team could come close.
Utah came close. What did Utah have, the BIG teams didn't? From what little I saw of Utah vs. Stanford, Utah had a left-handed player who kinda befuddled Stanford.

What they need is for this coming class to be like Stanford's senior class has been the past four years.

That's what we need! :D

Just as strong, probably stronger than this Stanford class was what Penn State brought in the mid-00s.

Utah came close. What did Utah have, the BIG teams didn't? From what little I saw of Utah vs. Stanford, Utah had a left-handed player who kinda befuddled Stanford.
Every team has an off day, every team has a good day. Stanford played unbeatable in the FF. I think they could have challenged any of the very best teams in history with how they played this past weekend. Absolutely dominating against some very, very good teams.

VolleyballMag.com All-Americans:

First Team -- Regan Pittman
Second Team -- Stephanie Samedy
Third Team -- Alexis Hart
Honorable Mention -- CC McGraw

Identical to AVCA's Gopher honorees.

Gopher Volleyball - Empowered storytelling with Exposure

Just as strong, probably stronger than this Stanford class was what Penn State brought in the mid-00s.

That would be nice. But it could be decades before Women’s Volleyball sees another Kathryn Plummer. A “tower of power“ like that just doesn’t come around often.

Nobody can expect someone like Plummer to emerge every Freshman class, or every five freshman classes, or even every 20 freshman classes... she was that extraordinary.

Top Bottom