Gopher v Tommies Men's and Women's Doubleheader at Xcel

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Tickets to go on sale on Aug. 22
MINNEAPOLIS – The University of Minnesota men's and women's hockey programs will face St. Thomas at the Xcel Energy Center in a doubleheader on Friday, Oct. 13. Both games will be designated as home games for the Tommies.

The Golden Gopher women's team will open their WCHA conference schedule at 4:00 pm with their 13th all-time meeting with the Tommies before the men's team takes on St. Thomas at 7:30 pm in an official contest for the first time in program history. This will be the first-ever game at the Xcel Energy Center for the Gopher women's team and first for the men's team since 2017.

Tickets will go on sale on Tuesday, Aug. 22 at 10:00am. St. Thomas and Minnesota season ticket holders will have access to a priority pre-sale starting on Monday, Aug. 14. One ticket will give fans access to both games

I might be in the minority, but given our limited availability for NC games I have very little interest in using them on UST. At least 10 programs I would rather face, but oh well let’s beat the crap out of them.

The upper bowl may not even open. I'd rather this game happen at the high school arena and have the ticket be super hot, and an experience you don't get often with the Big Dog playing in a tiny rink.

The upper bowl may not even open. I'd rather this game happen at the high school arena and have the ticket be super hot, and an experience you don't get often with the Big Dog playing in a tiny rink.
In that case UST could have just hosted it at their tiny rink.

Top Bottom