Gopher Trivia

Jim V2

Reaction score
Ok, we all know that in 96-97, we didn't go to the final four even though we did, and most of us following the team back then can name most of the players on that team.

But how many of you remember the year before?

1. What was our big ten record?

2. Who were the players that graduated that year and thus missed the final four experience?

3. Who won the big ten that year?

4. Of the two teams tied for second, which one had the better overall record?

5. Against whom did we play in the final game of our season?

Answers at 10. Or whenever I get internet access after the plane lands.

This is really easy to look up, so don't bother. Just answer, if you can, based on memory (or, in my case, lack thereof.)

1. What was our big ten record? 10-8

2. Who were the players that graduated that year and thus missed the final four experience? Mark Jones didn't come back, can't think of any seniors off the top of ny head

3. Who won the big ten that year? Purdue (then they almost lost as a #1 seed)

4. Of the two teams tied for second, which one had the better overall record? Indiana?

5. Against whom did we play in the final game of our season? Tulane in the NIT; Illinois in the regular season

I feel like David Grimm was a big piece of the puzzle that year and then graduated. I also think Hosea was our inspirational leader, or he may have left a year earlier.

Go Gophers!!

I feel like David Grimm was a big piece of the puzzle that year and then graduated. I also think Hosea was our inspirational leader, or he may have left a year earlier.

Go Gophers!!

You guys are good. 10-8 is correct, Dave Grim and HOsea is correct, Purdue is correct and Tulane is correct. The second place team with the best overall record is: Penn State.

Top Bottom