Gopher Transfers Ratings

hungan1

Reaction score
I don't quite get the low transfer ratings that these transfers are receiving. It's all about PJ Fleck turning lemons into lemonade I guess.

There has to be some armchair camel ride quarterbacking by 247SPorts ratings evaluators. I think they purposely underrate some of the Minnesota transfers for some reason. I can see Wright be rated low because he was on Special Teams with very little WR stats on a team that did not utilized WRs to full advantage. But, it shouldn't be that low. We don't recruit duds (or do we?).

There is no way Pinckney, a 3rd Team All American is an 0.8300 IMHO.

Minnesota transfers receive 247Sports transfer ratings

Interesting. Not really sure I see the point in ranking the transfers but I guess they have to do something to keep people interested. Doesn't look like they are factoring these new rankings into the class rank.

Agree that on the surface Pinckney's ranking seems low given the success he had a Clemson and the fact that he is an almost certain starter for us in 2021.

Agree that on the surface Pinckney's ranking seems low given the success he had a Clemson and the fact that he is an almost certain starter for us in 2021.
Don't count out Carter (or Dew), before your eggs hatch, man.

Nothing is given, and Pinckney will have to earn whatever playing time he gets in spring ball and fall camp.

I have no clue what those rankings mean, it's all talking points and BS honestly.

Nothing is given, and Pinckney will have to earn whatever playing time he gets in spring ball and fall camp.

Agree he will have to earn it. But I don't think we go after him or he comes here if both parties don't believe he is going to start.

Is Dew back? I don't remember hearing either way

Is Dew back? I don't remember hearing either way

Yep, he confirmed it a while ago. As far as I can tell they are doing a good job keeping the roster on the gophersports website up to date. Interesting that they recently removed class information from the players as I am sure there is a lot of unknown with exactly how to classify a bunch of guys at the moment.

I don't quite get the low transfer ratings that these transfers are receiving. It's all about PJ Fleck turning lemons into lemonade I guess.

There has to be some armchair camel ride quarterbacking by 247SPorts ratings evaluators. I think they purposely underrate some of the Minnesota transfers for some reason. I can see Wright be rated low because he was on Special Teams with very little WR stats on a team that did not utilized WRs to full advantage. But, it shouldn't be that low. We don't recruit duds (or do we?).

There is no way Pinckney, a 3rd Team All American is an 0.8300 IMHO.

Minnesota transfers receive 247Sports transfer ratings
That's hilarious .... Pinckney is a 4-star, 0.892 out of high school, wins regular playing time at Clemson, named 3rd Team All-ACC in 2019 and somehow comes here as an 0.83? Too funny.

That's hilarious .... Pinckney is a 4-star, 0.892 out of high school, wins regular playing time at Clemson, named 3rd Team All-ACC in 2019 and somehow comes here as an 0.83? Too funny.
Really the transfer rankings for all teams don't make a lot of sense. There are some nice transfers who are likely starters on other Big Ten teams that I would have loved to have and many of them are also low 3 stars.

Top Bottom