Gopher Sports: Kennedy Klick to Miss Season with Injury

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

MINNEAPOLS – University of Minnesota head women's basketball coach Dawn Plitzuweit has announced today that freshman guard Kennedy Klick (Brooklyn Park, Minn.) suffered a season-ending right knee injury this week.

"Unfortunately, Kennedy's injury will be a season-ending injury," Plitzuweit said. "This is incredibly tough news for Kennedy and for our entire team. We love Kennedy and we know that she will attack her rehab as she did her practice sessions thus far, with drive and tenacity. We know that she will not only overcome this obstacle, but she will grow and thrive throughout this challenge."

Klick is entering her first season with the Golden Gophers after a standout prep career at Maple Grove High School where she averaged 12.3 points per game during her senior campaign for the Crimson. The left-handed combo guard played five years of varsity hoops and won a Minnesota state title during her freshman season while competing at DeLaSalle. During a portion of her prep career Klick was coached by former Gopher Ashley Ellis-Milan (2007-10).

Season hasn't even started and another injury. Man :cry:

Bummer. I don't think anyone had sky high expectations for her but it's definitely a setback for her and the team. Seems like someone who really wants to be here.

I feel sad for her. She must feel bummed and now has a road of recovery ahead. And she will recover. Wishing her the best.

Was hoping we could start the season before having a player with a season ending injury. That said, hope she has a completely successful recovery

While I hate that it happens at all, this is actually the best time of the year for an ACL to happen. She doesn’t lose any eligibility, and she will have the chance to get 100% healthy before they start working out for next season.

I think I read that she was doing very well in practice. Who will be our backup pg?
More so the backup SG as Sanders would have been backup PG since she is more pass-first and attacking off the bounce. However, it is unsure if she would of seen significant minutes as most know...Mara Braun and Amaya Battle are going to spend likely 30-35 minutes, if not more, on the court.

Top Bottom