Gopher Softball 2025

Yes. Been there, done that. Well, not the coast to coast travel, but a lot of domestic and international travel. When everything goes well, it's a piece of cake. But, delays of any kind can easily disrupt your travel and change what was an easy, relaxing trip into a difficult situation. In addition, there is the travel time to the airport, getting through check in, and negotiating the security procedure. And, your 3 hour flight takes 6 hours from start to finish. Charter flights would solve most of those issues.
Charter flights for the non-revenue sports could bring in some interesting scheduling - do you start pairing seasonal sports like golf/softball/soccer or wrestling/hockey/volleyball into shared opponents as often as possible

so was Carly the one thought to be the "cancer" if so in what way was she not fitting in?
No. Carly was the third base coach and was nice to work with from what I'm hearing.

Carly may be a wonderful person; but, the amount of mistakes she made coaching 3rd will forever haunt me. Hopefully Piper can get a good replacement.

Well, who was/is thought to be the “cancer” then?
I figured someone would respond like you did. I've tried to get the name of the coach that the players are at odds with. I can't get it. It's quite possible that Piper identified the problem, listened to the players, and had a down to earth chat with the coach to make things better. Don't know if that's why I can't get the name or not.

Quite frankly, I haven't a clue what's going on except that players didn't exodus like I thought they would. Something had to have happened after the season ended.

Anyone know how the new House settlement will affect scholarships for softball? Increasing for a lot of other sports so wondering if on softball too. I saw where there are no more walk ons, everyone is on scholarship now. Football is going from 85 to 105.

Fall softball schedule announced:

Still no word on a coach to assume Carly's duties.
Roya St. Clair hired as the new assistant:

Sounds like she will coach infield and hitting. Welcome to MN, Roya!

On 8/9/24, the Twins pregame TV show featured a nice segment of SS Oakland's hitting prowess, including positive comments on MN's coaching staff.

Will there be any US Bank Stadium home games in 2025?
It appears so...from Andy Greder:
Coyle said the Gophers have reached an agreement for their baseball and softball teams to play part of their upcoming seasons at U.S. Bank Stadium in 2025. He said the U still needs to come to a solution for an early-season home field after next season.

It appears so...from Andy Greder:
Coyle said the Gophers have reached an agreement for their baseball and softball teams to play part of their upcoming seasons at U.S. Bank Stadium in 2025. He said the U still needs to come to a solution for an early-season home field after next season.
This will be the solution

Here's hoping Fall Ball brings promising newcomers with big bats and above all else some dominant pitching. Anything pointing in those directions?

I was in attendance this weekend. Based on my knowledge of what fall ball is, and the competition we played. Absolutely nothing should be gleaned from the weekend. Susa only pitched in the alumni game. All the other pitchers pitched vs DMACC. One positive on the pitching....although could be attributed to a larger zone, was that we as a staff had no walks allowed. I believe everyone played in the field and hit, other than Susa on Sunday.

One observation however, whether they be bench players or starters, it seems that we have significantly more team speed than we've had in the past. Not to the degree that we will be stealing bases like Indiana, but we shouldn't be as pedestrian as we have been in the past.

I was in attendance this weekend. Based on my knowledge of what fall ball is, and the competition we played. Absolutely nothing should be gleaned from the weekend. Susa only pitched in the alumni game. All the other pitchers pitched vs DMACC. One positive on the pitching....although could be attributed to a larger zone, was that we as a staff had no walks allowed. I believe everyone played in the field and hit, other than Susa on Sunday.

One observation however, whether they be bench players or starters, it seems that we have significantly more team speed than we've had in the past. Not to the degree that we will be stealing bases like Indiana, but we shouldn't be as pedestrian as we have been in the past.
Thanks!

Top Bottom