Gopher softball 2023

What are the chances Pease pitches every inning in this tournament?
I would pitch her as much as possible. This tournament is the big one for us. Lay it all on the line.

And, as D1 Softball statistically compiled this week, Pease is one of the top 5 players in college softball his year when looking at team performance when she is in the game versus not in the game.

I would pitch her as much as possible. This tournament is the big one for us. Lay it all on the line.

And, as D1 Softball statistically compiled this week, Pease is one of the top 5 players in college softball his year when looking at team performance when she is in the game versus not in the game.
Hopefully we'll get a little breathing room in a game and can get her some rest.

I don't understand using Leschber in that situation. When was the last time she had a hit?

Gophers doing absolutely nothing against OSU, while they just connected against our best pitcher. smh

Gophers doing absolutely nothing against OSU, while they just connected against our best pitcher. smh
Had bad feeling after we squandered having the bases loaded with 1 out. Lots of ways to score one or more runs there, we didn't, and now we are stuck trying to come from behind.

Time to see what the ladies are made of.

Ok, here we go. Bottom 7 WALK OFF. Calling it now.

They must have watched the Twins too much with this clutch hitting performance

OSU keeps getting these big outs from the Gophers which gives them the momentum. Let's just hope Pease can keep sitting them down.

They put all the chips in on that play and cashed out as a winner. Gutsy play.

Yeah they had no business scoring on that but what a poor throw from left.
I'm sure the OSU coaches would say that 9 times outta 10 they make that play at the plate. The one time that they don't, cost them the game.

I think she beats it even if a good throw. Need to test the defense. Right call all the way.
Of course it was the right play to get home, but a good throw had her out. The throw was awful. But there is no doubt you need to try and score on the play...

Of course it was the right play to get home, but a good throw had her out. The throw was awful. But there is no doubt you need to try and score on the play...
Agree 100%. Have to put the pressure on the outfielder in that situation, and I don't know what the scouting report says about her arm, but it looked to me like the ball was in her glove before the base runner reached third base. She was charging in and the ball wasn't that deep. That should have been an out with a decent throw.

I’d have to watch it again but it looked like a risky move when the LF fielded the ball but the high throw didn’t beat her by as much as I thought it might, so she could have been safe with a throw that was better than that but not perfect.

I don’t scout Ohio State, but if Wynn sent Strelow with Chavez coming up, the coaches must have felt the LF arm was weak and/or unreliable. Kudos to the coaches and players for gutting out a tough win against a team you just knew would give us the best game of the four we played.

Penn St hanging with Indiana so far. A 1-0 Hoosiers lead in the 4th. I didn't watch any regular season this year, but I saw we took 2 of 3 from Indiana. Should be a good matchup tomorrow no matter who we play. I am looking forward to one more chance against Northwestern.

I’d have to watch it again but it looked like a risky move when the LF fielded the ball but the high throw didn’t beat her by as much as I thought it might, so she could have been safe with a throw that was better than that but not perfect.

I don’t scout Ohio State, but if Wynn sent Strelow with Chavez coming up, the coaches must have felt the LF arm was weak and/or unreliable. Kudos to the coaches and players for gutting out a tough win against a team you just knew would give us the best game of the four we played.
The Gopher scouting must have realized the left fielders weak/erratic arm. Coach Wynn sent Chavez home on Den Hartog's single and didn't hesitate sending Strelow.

Top Bottom