Gopher softball 2023

Oh man. Leschber just needed a lower slide in the 8th. So close.

Oh man. Leschber just needed a lower slide in the 8th. So close.
Two things….obstruction should have been called as the catcher was set up on the line without the ball. An easy call not sure how that wasn’t argued.

Secondly, that slide was rough. That should have been a head first evasive slide left hand goes to the outside corner of the plate. The tag never gets close.

Another great pitching performance by Pease is wasted. Sigh.

Oh well. Watching a couple games this weekend is an extremely small sample size, but this team looks like it lacks any star players except for one that isn't playing well. Maybe they can turn it around, but this program looks to have seriously degraded from a few years ago.
I thought at the time of this post that this take overlooked Oakland.

This issue will be in getting four strong years out of her as a Gopher.

Hard to know what to say, except that winning teams get game-winning hits. Pease could be 6-0 on the season. I hurried home from having day surgery to watch MN lose another game they should've won. Surgery hurt less.

Weird that the Gophs don't publish the season stats online. Keeping it on the down low.
They had stats available early last year and then suddenly they were gone for the rest of the year. It would be nice to see the stats during the season for comparison to their competition.

Hard to know what to say, except that winning teams get game-winning hits. Pease could be 6-0 on the season. I hurried home from having day surgery to watch MN lose another game they should've won. Surgery hurt less.
My weekend hasn’t involved surgery; but I think it would have been just a little bit better if the Gophers could have pulled that one out somehow.

Oh well… it’s only sports I guess. More importantly, get well Hrothgar.

I'm skeptical as well. But it's early enough in the season and the pitching seems adequate, that I'll still give them a chance to put it together. But they're running out of time with me before my expectations for the season drop through the floor.
Even though they lost to Baylor, it was a competitive game and Pease pitched extremely well. My biggest concern is getting that timely hit. Leaving 12 on base is unacceptable.

Can anyone describe the last 3 innings vs. Maryland, MN led 1-0 in the bottom of the 4th. Twitter gave frafmentary comments.

Nice wins today. A win vs. Baylor tomorrow would be a nice confidence and resume builder. Get that 3rd top 25 win for the weekend!

Despite the frustrating loss to Baylor, the Gophers showed some really positive aspects this weekend. 1) Good, even outstanding, performances by all 4 in the circle, 2) Welcome run production from the bottom of the order. 3) Finally deciding, hopefully, on the best outfield to use; DenHartog flanked by nrs 7 and 1, all 3 of whom can fly in the fiield and also hit, run the bases, and bunt.. That outfield was obvious , I thought, in fall ball. I'd really like to see Ehlke & Valencia in there, but foot speed never goes in a slump, thy say. Good defense will always allow pitchers to prosper, who can keep the ball in the park, and that hopefully is our staff.

Can anyone describe the last 3 innings vs. Maryland, MN led 1-0 in the bottom of the 4th. Twitter gave frafmentary comments.
I couldn’t get any info after the top of the 4th. Just glad they swept Maryland and another strong performance from Pease. Hopefully they can take down Baylor tomorrow to get 3 ranked wins heading into next week’s tournament against top teams.

It went south for Hambrick in a hurry. Walks and hit batters will kill you. Second inning reminds me of last year. Go in with a 2 run lead and come out 3 runs down.

It went south for Hambrick in a hurry. Walks and hit batters will kill you. Second inning reminds me of last year. Go in with a 2 run lead and come out 3 runs down.

Yeah, the umpire has the strike zone the size of a BB today (just watched a pitch down the middle above the belt get called a ball), but the pitchers have totally fallen apart. That's too bad, because Baylor is totally beatable.

You get your snacks and drinks ready to sit and watch an improving Gopher team just for them to shit the bed again.

This game sucks. Terrible pitching and defense

6 hits 3 walks 7 unearned quite the box score for Enter

Top Bottom