Gopher Seniors

I was planning on posting an extensive post about this but you seem to have summed it nicely.

I will just add that the seniors were both mentally and physically weak tonight.

How about the boxing out on the Ft's by the bigs? No effort. They didn't move their feet and hands below their waist...

It was interesting to see two of them complain about the refs during the game.
That didn't help as the other team got to shoot free throws shortly after.

Andre-7 TO's

Elliot-where do I begin: with the technical, outlet pass to the other team leading to being posterized with an and 1, or fouling the 3 point shooter sealing their W?

Mo-pretty sure on the play where the guard makes the bounce pass to you, YOU SEAL YOUR MAN AND CATCH THE BOUNCE PASS!!! Just once please. AND HIT SOMEBODY, while boxing out on a free throw, or setting a screen, or sealing off your man...any of the above would be fantastic!!!!

There, I feel slightly better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andre-7 TO's

Elliot-where do I begin: with the technical, outlet pass to the other team leading to being posterized with an and 1, or fouling the 3 point shooter sealing their W?

Mo-pretty sure on the play where the guard makes the bounce pass to you, YOU SEAL YOUR MAN AND CATCH THE BOUNCE PASS!!! Just once please. AND HIT SOMEBODY, while boxing out on a free throw, or setting a screen, or sealing off your man...any of the above would be fantastic!!!!

There, I feel slightly better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night was a situation of picking your poison at the post. You could have Mo's sins of omission or Elliot's sins of commission. There are things I like about both of these guys but I wish they would have learned and developed more given that they're both 5th year seniors. The Gophers could use an assistant coach that specializes in developing big men. It would be nice to see at least one of the freshman and incoming big men develop into something close to a complete player.

Of course, when your supposed strength, the veteran starting guards, also play as poorly as they did last night, there's little chance of success against a good team.

I was planning on posting an extensive post about this but you seem to have summed it nicely.

I will just add that the seniors were both mentally and physically weak tonight.

I'm upset I missed that level headed objective post.

I'm upset I missed that level headed objective post.

Truly, the world is a darker place without my "wisdom". :rolleyes:

Anyway, it will be curious to how they bounce back. I'm not expecting Mo to turn into a power player but I hope Pitino can at least get better effort than that from here on out.

Top Bottom