Gopher Schedule Projection - Rest of Season

Missed-layup

Junior Member, a Senior Mind
Reaction score
Remaining Schedule.......................................................................Expert Projection

Wed, Feb 24 Purdue * - - Williams Arena7:30 PM.......................................Gopher L

Sat, Feb 27 - Sun, Feb 28 Illinois * - - at Champaign,Ill..............................Gopher L

Tue, Mar 02 - Thu, Mar 04 Michigan * - - at Ann Arbor,Mich........................Gopher W

Sun, Mar 07 Iowa * - - Williams Arena 5:00 PM..........................................Gopher W

Current Record:
Big Ten: 7-7.............................Overall: 16-10

Projection Final Record
Big Ten: 9-9..............................Overall 18-12

Projected Tournament Berth:..............NIT

My personal feeling is we need to win the next 4 plus 1 or 2 in the Big Ten tournament to be a bubble team. We need 20 wins to be even looked at but will need 22 wins to be a sure thing.
1. I'm not sure we can win on the road or beat Purdue at home. I gave us a win at MI which I think we can do but it will be tough.
2. I would love for us to beat Purdue at home but again that will be a tough task, but we can do it.

Remaining Schedule.......................................................................Expert Projection

Wed, Feb 24 Purdue * - - Williams Arena7:30 PM.......................................Gopher L

Sat, Feb 27 - Sun, Feb 28 Illinois * - - at Champaign,Ill..............................Gopher L

Tue, Mar 02 - Thu, Mar 04 Michigan * - - at Ann Arbor,Mich........................Gopher W

Sun, Mar 07 Iowa * - - Williams Arena 5:00 PM..........................................Gopher W

Current Record:
Big Ten: 7-7.............................Overall: 16-10

Projection Final Record
Big Ten: 9-9..............................Overall 18-12

Projected Tournament Berth:..............NIT

My personal feeling is we need to win the next 4 plus 1 or 2 in the Big Ten tournament to be a bubble team. We need 20 wins to be even looked at but will need 22 wins to be a sure thing.
1. I'm not sure we can win on the road or beat Purdue at home. I gave us a win at MI which I think we can do but it will be tough.
2. I would love for us to beat Purdue at home but again that will be a tough task, but we can do it.

4 W then 1 or 2 W in Big 10 tourney. Possible NCAA bid on March 14.

I think it will be tough. But if we continue to gel then we have an outside shot. They just need to step it up on the road.

With the way the team has been playing the last two games I think we have a very good chance to beat Purdue. Have some confidence.

If we win our remaining regular season games we are in no matter what. that puts us at 20-10 with wins over ohio state, Butler, Purdue, Illinois, Wisconsin. If we lose to Purdue I think we need two in the tourney.

I have faith, I just think we have to prove it on the road. We have been playing good at home so we can beat Purdue, I just think its unlikely. The IL game will be a real test.

Play like against Wisconsin, Purdue is a victory. If not, a loss.. If we get Purdue and the intensity keeps up, we win out and are in.

I see Illinois dropping 3 of 4, they have the schedule we had at the start of the Big Ten. That will also help Minnesota greatly to be in 5th place, somewhat of a cutoff point for the NCAA.

Top Bottom