Gopher Recruiting Coordinator Suspended two weeks

GopherGod

Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5216409

I hope that the red-tape of having to obtain pre-approval on recruiting activities for one year does not have a negative impact, probably just more of a pain. It is frustrating that the recruiting coordinator who makes a good salary for not being an on the field coach and whose only job is to deal with recruiting cannot get this right, granted not a major violation.

The only thing that intrigues me about this is whether or not USC will receive a more severe penalty than this for the Reggie Bush scandal.

Go Gophers!!

Chicken Poop.

File this one under chicken poop, because that is all this minor violation amounts to, IMHO. Danny Berezowitz took one for the team and got thrown under the bus for a couple of weeks as the sacrificial lamb. Meanwhile, back at the Trojan Ranch, all is quiet, no announcements, no violations, no heads rolling, and certainly no penalties imposed such as probation, loss of scholarships, no bowl or TV appearances, etc. Reggie Bush, life is great, eh?:eek::eek:

I don't get it. Is it a violation to use personalized videos, powerpoint, or mock children w/ school jerseys? Or was this a dead period?

File this one under chicken poop, because that is all this minor violation amounts to, IMHO. Danny Berezowitz took one for the team and got thrown under the bus for a couple of weeks as the sacrificial lamb. Meanwhile, back at the Trojan Ranch, all is quiet, no announcements, no violations, no heads rolling, and certainly no penalties imposed such as probation, loss of scholarships, no bowl or TV appearances, etc. Reggie Bush, life is great, eh?:eek::eek:

It's a very bad example of "micro-management" by the administration.

Somebody should tell the folks who sit in judgement these things: Brewster is graduating kids on an unprecedented level. "Power point" and video aren't exactly handing out cash or writing papers. It's "wins" that are lacking in the program, not "oversight".

If the "admins" at the U were at USC, the football program would end-up at Lompoc if not Folsom.

Top Bottom