Gopher QB

Yeah well what are the chances he's even in a Gopher uniform next year. Once he figures out PJ and his staff don't have the ability to develop him he will do what Kaliakmanis did. By the way he's doing considerably better at Rutgers. I'm totally disinterested in watching this kid Brosmer play anymore.
If he goes…he goes. keep your record of giving the portal qb a great shot so you stay good with the portal QB’s.

Experience is a very valuable qb trait.

He's definitely 6'2. How tall are the linemen in front of him?
Yeah, I think people forget that the vast majority of the OL on our roster are 6'6" or 6'7" so most QBs will look "short" behind them.

It was more fun a few weeks ago when the Gopherhole brain trust was making fun of AK as the root of all our offensive struggles. There is a reason Gopherhole is known as the place to go for advanced football knowledge.

A nasty, negative shot
There's nothing nasty or negative about facts, facts are reality. Sorry if it hurts your feelings. The line is lacking cohesion and executes poorly, leading to cascading failures as plays develop because there's no time to run the play as intended due to poor blocking or protection. I'm not calling out individual kids, the offensive line is generally ineffective and regardless of whether that's on the players or the coaching, it deserves to be identified and called as it is. They will get an inexperienced qb who we want to be successful killed if we push him out there against big ten opponents at this point, and there's no value in it. Ride with Brosmer, get the kid in next season.

I like Brosmer and dont think he's the problem at all. For me he plays all year. Playing B1G Football teams isnt always the best place to learn - I think Lindsey is better off learning in practice. Stay away from bad habits and short cuts.

There's nothing nasty or negative about facts, facts are reality. Sorry if it hurts your feelings. The line is lacking cohesion and executes poorly, leading to cascading failures as plays develop because there's no time to run the play as intended due to poor blocking or protection. I'm not calling out individual kids, the offensive line is generally ineffective and regardless of whether that's on the players or the coaching, it deserves to be identified and called as it is. They will get an inexperienced qb who we want to be successful killed if we push him out there against big ten opponents at this point, and there's no value in it. Ride with Brosmer, get the kid in next season.
Your opinion is nothing more than your opinion. In my opinion your opinion sucks crap. Of course, my opinion is nothing more than my crap-sucking opinion. Nothing you could ever say could hurt my feelings.

Ironically, I also stated the portal qb who has experience is the guy to play so the coach will have some creedence with qb’s the coach goes after in the portal in the future.

But, make no mistake: none of we message board opinionated idiots know jack ….

“…never let the ba$tards get us opinionated posters down…”

The problem is the routes and partially the WR’s. I don’t know how many times in the 2nd half against Iowa it was the simple 7 yard button hook and the Iowa DB was standing right next to our receiver. It doesn’t matter if you are Max, AK, or Morgan. Decent defenses do not have a hard time covering that. But we run those because they are safe.

In the first half there was actually crossing routes and moving WR’s catching the ball.

Your opinion is nothing more than your opinion. In my opinion your opinion sucks crap. Of course, my opinion is nothing more than my crap-sucking opinion. Nothing you could ever say could hurt my feelings.

Ironically, I also stated the portal qb who has experience is the guy to play so the coach will have some creedence with qb’s the coach goes after in the portal in the future.

But, make no mistake: none of we message board opinionated idiots know jack ….

“…never let the ba$tards get us opinionated posters down…”
I have come to believe that the loudest, most confident voice in the room (or Gopherhole board) is often wrong.

I like Brosmer and dont think he's the problem at all. For me he plays all year. Playing B1G Football teams isnt always the best place to learn - I think Lindsey is better off learning in practice. Stay away from bad habits and short cuts.
Yeah, my hope is no matter how the season goes that Lindsey is able to spend it in a backup role and doesn't get thrown to the wolves. Get that full year of adjustment to the college game under his belt before being asked to take the lead.

OC Harbaugh couldn’t call plays to compensate for Iowa’s second half defense. Same on the other side of the ball as our DC had no answer for Iowa’s run game.
Our DC had no answer for the run game?

You basically hold the line of scrimmage and make the tackle to stop run games. Its not exactly something that is scheme.

When your line and linebackers get blown into the next county, it's easy to run,

Yeah, my hope is no matter how the season goes that Lindsey is able to spend it in a backup role and doesn't get thrown to the wolves. Get that full year of adjustment to the college game under his belt before being asked to take the lead.
Nebraska’s quarterback seems to be doing fine. Brosmer is also fine but he means nothing to the program long-term whereas 3 means a ton. If he’s chomping at the bit to play, I’d play him. You never know he and his family maybe agree that a learning year makes sense but if not, we don’t have anything to lose.

There are at least 8 more games left in the season. The only reason to start Lindsey is if he's better than Brosmer and gives us a better chance to win.

I don't know why I'm even replying to this thread but whatever.

Nebraska’s quarterback seems to be doing fine. Brosmer is also fine but he means nothing to the program long-term whereas 3 means a ton. If he’s chomping at the bit to play, I’d play him. You never know he and his family maybe agree that a learning year makes sense but if not, we don’t have anything to lose.
Disagree that we have nothing to lose and it is time to just throw the true freshman out there even if he isn't ready.

Top Bottom