Gopher QB Impostor?

AO54

Reaction score
No, not Mitch Leidner. It appears someone falsely claiming to be a former Gopher starting QB participated in a challenge event at Linwood Family Fun day. It was a mystery who was going to show up according to this post.
"Breaking news. We are excited to announce a Cow Chip Throw challenge during the Cow Chip Throw event. A former starting quarterback for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers will throw against an Iowa Hawkeye fan to see who can throw the chip the furthest. Show up to see if you remember this QB"

The former gopher QB was revealed to be Robert (Keith) Green, starting quarterback in '57 & '58. Problem is there no record of Robert or Keith Green playing in 57 or 58. He also isn't listed on the letterwinners list.

Maybe he was on the freshman team and is just exaggerating? Anybody heard of him?

I think you're missing the real story here. The fact that the Iowegian didn't just eat his cow chip is pretty shocking.

I think you're missing the real story here. The fact that the Iowegian didn't just eat his cow chip is pretty shocking.
He might have. This is the only footage of the event I've found thus far.
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I have received confirmation that the gentleman in the video above is our Keith Green, and via @hipstergopher he is nowhere to be found on any roster. Wasn't much of a toss anyways, I see why Warmath didn't think much of him (if he did even go to the U that is).

Top Bottom