Gopher Preview on BTN

Spoofin

Reaction score
I know they are on campus today, but does anyone know when the Gopher preview will air? Thanks.

Also, 2009 Halloween game on at 6:30 tonight! Even I can't deny AW's performance in that game.

5:00 central time tonight. Not sure why they don't say what team is being covered in the show description. It's listed just as a generic BTN Live show.

I know they are on campus today, but does anyone know when the Gopher preview will air? Thanks.

Also, 2009 Halloween game on at 6:30 tonight! Even I can't deny AW's performance in that game.

Also, game against Iowa from 2011 is on at 2pm and the 2002 Music City Bowl against Arkansas is on at 10pm.

And they'll repeat it several times after that.

5:00 central time tonight. Not sure why they don't say what team is being covered in the show description. It's listed just as a generic BTN Live show.

Thanks Jaymil. DVR set!

Our favorite writer Dienhart's impressions from camp. No mention of Antonio Thompson.

http://btn.com/2014/08/16/football-tour-dienharts-best-from-minnesota/

Has Dienhart done it again with this comment?
The d-line should be good. Nice depth. And three starters are back. Too bad Ra’Shede Hageman isn’t one of them. End Theiren Cockran is a 6-6 angular rusher off the edge with long arms. Michael Amaefula is undersized on the other end. But he’s quick. And productive. Scott Ekpe is a try-hard tackle. Ditto Cameron Botticelli. True freshman Brandon Lingen came in as a tight end but has moved to end. He’s big, fast and will grow. Coaches love his potential. Steve Richardson is a big-time true freshman who will play.

I suspect he is talking about Gaelin Elmore, not Gaelin Elmore, maybe it could be*Antonio Thompson.

Has Dienhart done it again with this comment?

Not to mention that D-line is arguably the biggest question mark/worry on this team behind quarterback. And we have very little depth which he claims otherwise.

Not to mention that D-line is arguably the biggest question mark/worry on this team behind quarterback. And we have very little depth which he claims otherwise.

We return 3 starters including an All Big Ten DE and two other guys who will be in their third year starting plus 3 more guys with significant playing time for at least two years yet it is the second biggest question mark? It is a strength no doubt. I don’t see how you can discredit the entire line simply because the two backup DT spots are up in the air.

I think Dienhart uses "hitting the sled" as a euphemism for fapping:

"Hitting the sled. Nothing better than watching the big fellas fire off and pound the iron."

Not sure if he like Richardson, or thinks he won't hit the books hard:

"Steve Richardson. He is just 6-0, but he’s an animal. If he was 6-5, he would be at a school like Notre Dame. No matter, the guy can play."

And this is professional writing at its best:

"Few staffs have as good of chemistry."

Regarding ML7 (who apparently has lost a couple of inches):

"But his arm is underrated. He needs to learn to trust it." - Is he saying that Mitch underrates his own arm?

No really...this is his entire discussion on Campbell:

"I fell in love with De’Vondre Campbell last year. He’s a 6-5 pterodactyl. My opinion has changed. He has those long arms."

My head hurts too much to dig any deeper on this "analysis".

I think Dienhart uses "hitting the sled" as a euphemism for fapping:

"Hitting the sled. Nothing better than watching the big fellas fire off and pound the iron."

Not sure if he like Richardson, or thinks he won't hit the books hard:

"Steve Richardson. He is just 6-0, but he’s an animal. If he was 6-5, he would be at a school like Notre Dame. No matter, the guy can play."

And this is professional writing at its best:

"Few staffs have as good of chemistry."

Regarding ML7 (who apparently has lost a couple of inches):

"But his arm is underrated. He needs to learn to trust it." - Is he saying that Mitch underrates his own arm?

No really...this is his entire discussion on Campbell:

"I fell in love with De’Vondre Campbell last year. He’s a 6-5 pterodactyl. My opinion has changed. He has those long arms."

My head hurts too much to dig any deeper on this "analysis".

You're just jealous someone paid Dienhart money to write that. As my professors said many times at the U: "That would be a great rough draft."

We return 3 starters including an All Big Ten DE and two other guys who will be in their third year starting plus 3 more guys with significant playing time for at least two years yet it is the second biggest question mark? It is a strength no doubt. I don’t see how you can discredit the entire line simply because the two backup DT spots are up in the air.

Thank you. We lost Hageman, but as folks on this board remember from the countless posts last year, he didn't play 50% of the time due to the rotations this staff uses. Our DL will be fine. Our D will be fine. Passing game is the only thing I lose sleep over.

Watching the 2011 Iowa game again was a lot of fun. The Kirksey fumble recovery, surprise onside kick, and 4th down TD run by Gray at the end, all great moments. The excitement on the sideline that game was incredible. To keep the guys together like that after getting outscored 144-31 in the previous three Big Ten games was pretty remarkable.

I had forgotten how good of a WR McKnight was. He didn't put up huge numbers, but he was very good.

Watching the 2011 Iowa game again was a lot of fun. The Kirksey fumble recovery, surprise onside kick, and 4th down TD run by Gray at the end, all great moments. The excitement on the sideline that game was incredible. To keep the guys together like that after getting outscored 144-31 in the previous three Big Ten games was pretty remarkable.

I had forgotten how good of a WR McKnight was. He didn't put up huge numbers, but he was very good.

Totally agree. And it's really, really nice to watch practice and see the d-backs we have now. Not so much in 2011.

Perfect...I've got no sound on the BTN Live Gopher preview show.

Nice.

O.K. there's the sound.

Woah, did anyone notice the new helmet next to the Maroon one, is that a new one they going to wear in select games.

Woah, did anyone notice the new helmet next to the Maroon one, is that a new one they going to wear in select games.
Yep Gopher football tweeted it out about 20 minutes ago. Could be quite a few different uniform combinations if they use the white helmets too.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>New helmets (for a few games this year) <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoldenGophers?src=hash">#GoldenGophers</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SkiUMah?src=hash">#SkiUMah</a> Full gallery at <a href="http://t.co/hJyPZw6zwu">http://t.co/hJyPZw6zwu</a> <a href="http://t.co/5w8NcMs3hE">pic.twitter.com/5w8NcMs3hE</a></p>— Minnesota Football (@GopherFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherFootball/statuses/500762023651991552">August 16, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That and Kim Royston was by far the MVP in that game with something like 147 tackles (I might be exaggerating, but only slightly). Iowa choked that game away and it was a fun win. I had fun watching it again.

Thank you. We lost Hageman, but as folks on this board remember from the countless posts last year, he didn't play 50% of the time due to the rotations this staff uses. Our DL will be fine. Our D will be fine. Passing game is the only thing I lose sleep over.

For the most part, I agree, but let's not forget Roland Johnson. He was an extremely important part of the run-stop game and never got the credit he deserved.

2009 Michigan State game starting now on BTN. This was the game where the atmosphere of the new stadium really clicked for me. So much fun being there.

There is another replay of it at 8:30pm CT as well.

Why didn't they ask Claeys why he teaches his corners to not turn their head?!?!

Just kidding.

I was surprised Eric Murray wasn't mentioned

Another showing of the Gophers 90 minute turn on BTN Live is airing right now on BTN. Imo, much better viewing than a bunch of 2nd & 3rd team shrubs in the Viking/Cardinals game.

2009 Michigan State game starting now on BTN. This was the game where the atmosphere of the new stadium really clicked for me. So much fun being there.

That was my first game at TCF Bank Stadium. So much fun is right!

Another showing of the Gophers 90 minute turn on BTN Live is airing right now on BTN. Imo, much better viewing than a bunch of 2nd & 3rd team shrubs in the Viking/Cardinals game.

Yeah, I prefer perennials. Although the durability of a shrub is something to envy.

Despite mn winning the Msu game, it was still frustrating to watch the brewster staff under utilize gray's talents. Putting gray in for 1 play at a time was asinine. Brewster was clearly in over his head.

Despite mn winning the Msu game, it was still frustrating to watch the brewster staff under utilize gray's talents. Putting gray in for 1 play at a time was asinine. Brewster was clearly in over his head.
I had also forgotten how undisciplined that team was, the number of penalites was astonishing.

Top Bottom