Gopher Press in Madison

Packers: Green Bay fans want Troy Aikman, Joe Buck banned from FOX TV booth

Here's an even better story from that link.

Green Bay Packers fans don’t want former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman and his FOX broadcast partner Joe Buck calling Sunday’s NFC divisional playoff game against the Cowboys at AT&T Stadium.

They’re serious about it, too. Nearly 27,000 people as of Friday afternoon had signed a petition on Change.org calling for FOX’s No. 1 broadcast team to be banned from calling the big game. The petition, started five days ago by Andrew Dorff of Brookfield, will be delivered to the NFL, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and FOX News, according to the petition.

The petition states:

“On behalf of the Green Bay Packers fans across the world, we would like action taken to prohibit them from giving their constant negative input about our team. We are sick of the biased announcing always coming from them.”

Aikman, as Packers and Cowboys fans will all recall, beat Brett Favre and the Packers in three consecutive postseasons — 1993, 1994 and 1995.

Aikman, a three-time Super Bowl champion, responded to the petition during his weekly appearance on Dallas-Fort Worth sports radio station KTCK The Ticket.

“I don’t know if there’s Cowboys fan petitions, but I get it from Cowboys fans too, saying that I’m against their team.”

He continued: “I remember what (former NFL broadcaster) Pat Summerall years ago told me back when I was still playing. People didn’t have social media, they would write fan mail. And he said, ‘Hey as long as I’m getting fan mail, hate mail I guess you could say, from both sides, then I feel like I’m doing my job.’ But I think there’s some truth in that.”

27,000 signatures??? Wow!
A petition one-tenth that size would be plenty to get non-stop attention from Twin Cities television news!

Do they watch the games? Every time Manning had a deflected pass, they scream "Nearly intercepted!!!" Every time Rodgers had the same, it's simply "incomplete..."

They are so far up Rodger's and McCarthy's behinds that they can see their molars.

Do they watch the games? Every time Manning had a deflected pass, they scream "Nearly intercepted!!!" Every time Rodgers had the same, it's simply "incomplete..."

They are so far up Rodger's and McCarthy's behinds that they can see their molars.

They absolutely love Rodgers.

They absolutely love Rodgers.

Oh you should have heard the Packer "whine line" during the losing streak. You would have thought that Rodgers was one of the worst QB in the league. Some of those "fans" even came right out and said it!

It was pretty entertaining listening though. ;)

Bias against GB? Every time Buck calls a Packer game he can't get off Rodgers' jock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you took a drink every time Collinsworth said Aaron Rodgers, you'd be hammered by second quarter. He was lauding him on defense.

I'm also totally jealous.

Top Bottom