Gopher Potential Portal Pursuits

Since we are all a little nuts to still care about Gopher basketball,

COULD WE GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TOPIC?

Patterson and
Edwards, what’s up?
Sorry all, I should have posted this earlier in the day to get Edmonds to commit earlier!

Sorry all, I should have posted this earlier in the day to get Edmonds to commit earlier!
I need your betting advice for the next week considering you got news on BOTH of those today

This has got to be one of the oldest Gopher teams in recent memory. Seniors in Garcia, Fox, Odukale, Mike Mitchell, Patterson, Williams, Rigsby, junior Frank Mitchell. Good to have experience but man gonna need a whole new roster next year

I believe he'd be a transfer from Adams College.
revenge-of-the-nerds-1.0-1024x576.jpg

This has got to be one of the oldest Gopher teams in recent memory. Seniors in Garcia, Fox, Odukale, Mike Mitchell, Patterson, Williams, Rigsby, junior Frank Mitchell. Good to have experience but man gonna need a whole new roster next year
They are old enough to buy beer for their younger teammates and their coaches.

His first team didn’t have two returning starters, including a likely first team all B10 selection.

That's true, but they were old, and lost pretty much everyone except for Battle after the season.

Battle and Willis also ended up All B1G honorable mention that season, and Curry was kind of a returning starter.

That's true, but they were old, and lost pretty much everyone except for Battle after the season.

Battle and Willis also ended up All B1G honorable mention that season, and Curry was kind of a returning starter.
Ok.

Hasn't he needed a whole new roster every year he has been here?

I posted this in another thread. Nearly every likely contributor will be in their 4th or 5th year post highschool. Ben is really banking on making up a talent gap with experience. I'm preemptively annoyed at the color commentators bringing this up even more frequently than Luke Loewe's fishing story.
Starters:
Lu'Cye Patterson: 5th year
Mike Mitchell: 4th year
Femi Odukale: 5th year
Dawson Garcia: 5th year
Frank Mitchell: 4th year

Bench:
Brennan Rigsby: 4th year
Trey Edmonds: 4th year
Parker Fox: 8th year
Caleb Williams: 5th year
Kadyn Betts: 3rd year
Isaac Asuma: 1st year
Grayson Grove: 1st year
It's obviously silly to start projecting the 2025-2026 squad...but right now the only guys eligible to return for that roster appear to be:

Frank Mitchell (F/C) (sounds like he probably has two years of eligibility?)
Erick Reader (F/C)
Kadyn Betts (PF)
Grayson Grove (PF)
Isaac Asuma (G)

Outside of Ben's year one it feels like we have PF's coming out of our ears!

I posted this in another thread. Nearly every likely contributor will be in their 4th or 5th year post highschool. Ben is really banking on making up a talent gap with experience. I'm preemptively annoyed at the color commentators bringing this up even more frequently than Luke Loewe's fishing story.

It's obviously silly to start projecting the 2025-2026 squad...but right now the only guys eligible to return for that roster appear to be:

Frank Mitchell (F/C) (sounds like he probably has two years of eligibility?)
Erick Reader (F/C)
Kadyn Betts (PF)
Grayson Grove (PF)
Isaac Asuma (G)

Outside of Ben's year one it feels like we have PF's coming out of our ears!
And yet there you go

Top Bottom